The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
wine.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There I was the other day struggling to walk with my walking stick, my dog's lead in my other hand and a heavy shopping bag as well. My dog decided to have a number 2 to add to the problem. I put my bag on the floor to take a dog shoot bag out my pocket when a young (to me) woman said she'd pick it up. After she'd put it in the nearby bin she offered to carry my bag to my home, about 10 minutes walk away. I gladly accepted the offer. She walked with me to my door, leaving my shopping bag on my doorstep. How kind of her!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My swmbo and I were talking about underwear last night as you do.

And I commented that none of my boxers have labels on them so when it's dark and I am getting dressed it's not always obvious if I have them on the right way round 😀

Her reply was you need some old man pants then as they have a label rather than have size info etc etc printed on the inside.

So I guess I am getting old

simongt

Guru
Bought a wee tripod camping stool for when I'm out with the TCV so I can avoid getting a wet behind during tea breaks. Sitmats are provided, but they're invariably pretty grubby and maybe my higher seating gives me an air of authority - ? :rofl:

Mrs M

Guru
I won’t post my answer on here as I can’t remember if I did it already. 😬

bobzmyunkle

Über Member
When Mrs Z and I bought two large bags of dog food the the man behind the till asked if I'd like him to get a colleague to take them to the car!

Mrs Z nearly died laughing as I struggled to see the funny side.

I declined his offer, only to regret it some minutes later:blush:
I bought a wahoo kickr - quite weighty. The bloke who delivered it put it down while I answered the door, looked at me, then insisted on carrying it into the house.
After I got over the insult I had to get it up the stairs - one step at a time.
I'm still 22 in my head

Gwylan

Veteran
Bought a wee tripod camping stool for when I'm out with the TCV so I can avoid getting a wet behind during tea breaks. Sitmats are provided, but they're invariably pretty grubby and maybe my higher seating gives me an air of authority - ? :rofl:

Good idea, consider it stolen.

antnee

Guru
I bought a wahoo kickr - quite weighty. The bloke who delivered it put it down while I answered the door, looked at me, then insisted on carrying it into the house.
After I got over the insult I had to get it up the stairs - one step at a time.
I'm still 22 in my head

Aren't we all😄

Top Bottom