The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
It became a standing joke, and although I haven't seen him for decades we have a mutual friend who passes messages back and forth. He will owe me £210 in a few weeks 😁
Back at school in the late 60s, I borrowed a shilling off a pal. Kept forgetting to pay him back, despite reminders, so I hate to think the current value of that shilling debt - ! :wacko:

Back at school in the late 60s, I borrowed a shilling off a pal. Kept forgetting to pay him back, despite reminders, so I hate to think the current value of that shilling debt - ! :wacko:

Pretend it’s like a Post Office Savings Account ( remember them?). They only paid interest on whole pounds. That means you still owe him only a shilling.

classic33

Leg End Member
My Mum didn't want us to watch Home And Away after someone died in a car crash with their love there at the site, or something.

Ironic, seeing as we watched Casualty and 'Sick Kids' (a documentary series about a children hospital, which admittedly was on STV/ITV) to a band playing. The more gory the better!

So into Casualty were we, that we'd pretend to do operations on our teddies... They were defibrillated more times than a fat man running a marathon!
The night of the first episode I was in the local one. Those on duty that night were catching bits of it when they could. Comparing it to the real casualty.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There I was the other day struggling to walk with my walking stick, my dog's lead in my other hand and a heavy shopping bag as well. My dog decided to have a number 2 to add to the problem. I put my bag on the floor to take a dog shoot bag out my pocket when a young (to me) woman said she'd pick it up. After she'd put it in the nearby bin she offered to carry my bag to my home, about 10 minutes walk away. I gladly accepted the offer. She walked with me to my door, leaving my shopping bag on my doorstep. How kind of her!

When walking from my car to my flat with a heavy shopping bag, about an hour ago a young couple asked if I wanted a lift with my bag. I accepted their offer, but I think he was a bit drunk as the woman said "You're not getting into that car in your state"! I think they thought I lived a fair way off, not just around the corner. Anyway, he carried my bag to my door then offered to carry it upstairs. I thanked him for carrying my bag, but declined his offer to carry my bag upstairs. I was thinking that he could be a robber and anything might happen. I know I do tend to think the worst case scenario, but I've read about folk conning their way into homes and doing whatever. Not only that, but he might've fallen down the stairs, with all that beer in him. :tired:

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
Pretend it’s like a Post Office Savings Account ( remember them?). They only paid interest on whole pounds. That means you still owe him only a shilling.
Oddly, I was chatting to said pal on the Friends Reunited website a few years back and he'd obviously completely forgotten about the shilling I still owe him - ! :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
This is an eye opener.

www.outlived.org

Doesn‘t seem to mind dates of birth in the future. Despite being born in 22 years time I have already outlived someone. Now where did I leave my Time Machine?

1705242173083.png

Top Bottom