The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Lightning is too scared to strike me. Even Chuck Norris calls me 'Sir'.

D

Deleted member 1258

No luck down the club today, didn't even win on the raffle, though my Good Lady got close on the bingo. Since I got back I've sorted outthe washing,and started cooking our tea, and I've been working up an appitite for my my tea by spending three quarters of an hour trying to work the turbo trainer into submision, watching the heart monitor bounce with a head full of the Cream reunion concert.

Last edited by a moderator:

classic33

Leg End Member
I was actually (genuinely) struck by lightening back in the 70s. Walking to the pub across waste land with my umbrella up and BANG!! I dont know the physics but I felt it right through my body to my feet. I didnt know I could run as fast as I did after that.
Why the umbrella, and do you still have it?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Why the umbrella, and do you still have it?
No I dont have it and there is a story to that.
My Dad always told me "Fox frame umbrellas are the best"....and that one was.
On holiday in Cornwall, in July, in the rain and wind. I was saying to my mate "Fox frame this, you cant get better", when a sudden gust of wind turned it inside out.....so ended the life of my umbrella :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
No I dont have it and there is a story to that.
My Dad always told me "Fox frame umbrellas are the best"....and that one was.
On holiday in Cornwall, in July, in the rain and wind. I was saying to my mate "Fox frame this, you cant get better", when a sudden gust of wind turned it inside out.....so ended the life of my umbrella :sad:
Magic rainmaker.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just realised - exactly one week to my 50th birthday. Time to celebrate!
Redneck with gun.jpg

Top Bottom