The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We are also going away soon with no comeback day booked, we have at least 8 breaks a year, most in hotels but the van gets used also. We also have 2 over seas trips this year, paid for by doing what I enjoy doing.
Business must be good!

Drago

Legendary Member
Advert in the local chipwrapper here for the Forestry Commission. Outdoorsy, looks interesting.

Downside it is full time. Even if I wanted FT, its barely PT money.

Next!

screenman

Legendary Member
Back up again?

I am lucky in that I can change direction and still enjoy what I am doing, slower on tool sales but busier on dent work. Tool sales though have picked up somewhat now people have got used to the price increase.

What I feel is sad is all those poor people that hate going to work, that would be my worse dream.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I am lucky in that I can change direction and still enjoy what I am doing, slower on tool sales but busier on dent work. Tool sales though have picked up somewhat now people have got used to the price increase.

What I feel is sad is all those poor people that hate going to work, that would be my worse dream.
Nice to hear it's not all doom and gloom.

I was fortunate that I actually enjoyed my work, but it was quite stressful at times.
When the opportunity to maintain my lifestyle without having to go to work for it, there was no question of which direction to take.

stephec

Legendary Member
@stephec, are you suggesting that me and old man Dirk are gloating?

Ridiculous!

Now, time to call Mrs D on the walkie talkie and order her to bring me out another glass of cider to my hammock.
Cider, I've never liked the taste of that muck.

You must be going senile already, get yourself over to the beer thread pronto. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
I was beginning to hate going to work. Frittering my life force away in a pointless system, working for bosses who's sole goal was to make it as difficult as possible for me to do mine, seeing senior officers rewarded for failure by promotion, in an organisation designed to replicate and perpetuate itself in the next generation. .. Got out in the nick of time for my sanity.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm looking for something part time, but iit must be interesting, fun, and have zero stress or responsibility.
That's why if I get this FEO job with N Yorks it'll be the perfect job. I know a good number of people in the shooting community in N Yorks,, I love the area and the scenery, the work is about providing a service to law abiding folk in the main. The hours will suit, I'll have all the excuses I need to base myself around Ripon/ Bedale, and I'll get paid into the bargain. Fingers firmly crossed!
Yep.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning dossers!
Nice day again - think I might go for a leisurely 30 miler on the touring bike today, with a spot of lunch in Bideford.:smile:

Top Bottom