The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
A cry for help: I was my own boss and made all kinds of decisions and that, kept the home fires burning and then I returned. Now I am totally worthless in the eyes of she who shall not be named so that if I don't wash up or sweep or whatever todays big deal is I am a waster.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A cry for help: I was my own boss and made all kinds of decisions and that, kept the home fires burning and then I returned. Now I am totally worthless in the eyes of she who shall not be named so that if I don't wash up or sweep or whatever todays big deal is I am a waster.
Right on the button!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
When a post like this was on another forum most of the early retiree's were civil or public servants of some kind, I wonder if that is the same here.

I worked in commercial horticulture all my life. My final employer was quite a large family business. I was there 23 years and was the first to retire!! Ridiculous - work ethic is fine but remember to enjoy life along the way.

Drago

Legendary Member

Fortunately, the long suffering Mrs D is very easy going. After all, I spend most of the day in Peter Griffin Jim jams drinking her Nespresso and she's never told me off ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
I must admit to doing rather a lot of that ;)

Having said that, the older Claud Butler I got from Stonechat has recalibrated my Cyclo-O-meter. Shiny shiny suddenly doesn't seem so important.

arch684

Veteran
Fortunately, the long suffering Mrs D is very easy going. After all, I spend most of the day in Peter Griffin Jim jams drinking her Nespresso and she's never told me off ;)
I live on my own so can do what i want when i want but some times i have to give myself a good talking to

screenman

Legendary Member
I worked in commercial horticulture all my life. My final employer was quite a large family business. I was there 23 years and was the first to retire!! Ridiculous - work ethic is fine but remember to enjoy life along the way.

Believe me I certainly do. You can cram a lot into each and everyday if you do not spend it sleeping and watching tv.

Top Bottom