The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Got back home about an hour ago. Unloaded the van and then had a walk down to one of my locals. Couple of pints and then picking up fish n chips. ^_^

IMG_20190322_131301824.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

That's a superb effort! I did my ride yesterday in the shoes I brought from Decathlon on Wednesday, but I was having problems with my toes getting squashed because of how narrow the shoes were, I took the cleats off last night and took them back to Decathlon today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they swapped them for a bigger size with no problems at all, I was expecting to have a bit of a fight with them but they changed them and I was out the store in about ten minutes.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Home from Swaledale. Van emptied, washing on, dog walked, shopping done, checked in on the oldies. Time to catch up on Tirreno Adriatico now then get bike and kit ready for the Yorkshire Gallop tomorrow.

Pic from last night in Swaledale (for some reason it wouldn't upload from my phone).
20190321_185004[1].jpg

That's an old washing machine drum that we used as a fire pit - works really well.

Attachments

• 20190321_184951[1].jpg
    20190321_184951[1].jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11

classic33

Leg End Member
That was arranged by the professional photographer so as best show the skills of the chef.
Not what served to you then!

They don't think much of what was on the plate though.

classic33

Leg End Member
For the unknown party/poster*, how'd yesterday go?

This doesn't include the unknown party/poster of course. Who will know they are the one being mentioned.

Dave7

Legendary Member
That's not a pie; it's a casserole with a pastry lid. :angry:

A casserole is a large, deep pan used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. The word is also used for the food cooked and served in such a vessel, with the cookware itself called a casserole dish or casserole pan. "Casserole" should not be confused with the word "cacerola" which is Spanish for "cooking pot". Wikipedia

Mine, sir, was a pie ^_^

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A casserole is a large, deep pan used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. The word is also used for the food cooked and served in such a vessel, with the cookware itself called a casserole dish or casserole pan. "Casserole" should not be confused with the word "cacerola" which is Spanish for "cooking pot". Wikipedia

Mine, sir, was a pie ^_^

I might have known you had to read wikipedia to find that out. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member

Mine, sir, was a pie* ^_^
*"a baked dish of fruit, or meat and vegetables, typically with a top and base of pastry."

Top Bottom