The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Five nights in Porto booked for end May to early June. Meeting up with friends from California.

classic33

Leg End Member
Blinkin eck... 3 visits in one month ^_^
May & June, one month!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good Morning World. Grey and cold looking here. We didn't have the frost I expected and covered my plum tree with fleece to protect the blossom from.

More gardening on the to do list today. As my wife put it "amazing how much you get done when you're not riding that bloody bike" - now that's hardly showing empathy and sympathy. I suspect I'm no longer classed as ill. **

I went out on Sunday then again yesterday. I then told Mrs D I am planning a 20 miler on Thursday INSTEAD of the usual golf.
She said something to the affect of "what, ANOTHER one"..... with eyes raised.
I pointed out "hang on, I am out every Thursday playing golf AND you will also be with a mate on Thursday".
Go figure :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
I went out on Sunday then again yesterday. I then told Mrs D I am planning a 20 miler on Thursday INSTEAD of the usual golf.
She said something to the affect of "what, ANOTHER one"..... with eyes raised.
I pointed out "hang on, I am out every Thursday playing golf AND you will also be with a mate on Thursday".
Go figure :blush:
Nice knowing you.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just found out that my ex work mate's missus has committed suicide aged 59.
She suffered from depression for years and couldn't cope with the fact that he is suffering from terminal prostate cancer which had spread to his liver and brain.
She overdosed on his opiate pain killers.
Life can be a bitch! :angry:
Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just found out that my ex work mate's missus has committed suicide aged 59.
She suffered from depression for years and couldn't cope with the fact that he is suffering from terminal prostate cancer which had spread to his liver and brain.
She overdosed on his opiate pain killers.
Life can be a bitch! :angry:
Enjoy it while you can.
Not really sure how to respond to that.:ohmy:

Top Bottom