The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just found out that my ex work mate's missus has committed suicide aged 59.
She suffered from depression for years and couldn't cope with the fact that he is suffering from terminal prostate cancer which had spread to his liver and brain.
She overdosed on his opiate pain killers.
Life can be a bitch! :angry:
Enjoy it while you can.
Very sad that. I have no idea what depression must be like as I dont think it has ever seriously affected me.
I know it is sometimes a chemical inbalance that can be successfully treated with medication. Apart from that I am ignorant.
I had a very pleasant guy doing occasional work for me. Aged under 40. Very pleasant guy but sadly suffered depression and hanged himself.
I think of the 19 year old that found him but I imagine those suffering depression are unable to reason on that.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
She suffered from depression for years and couldn't cope with the fact that he is suffering from terminal prostate cancer which had spread to his liver and brain.
Enjoy it while you can.
That is very sad

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Enjoy it while you can.

Terrible news. As you say, enjoy it while you can.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Enjoy it while you can.
Been there at the very mildest end of the spectrum and I can only imagine (actually I can't) what severe depression might feel like :sad:

Echo the sentiments expressed

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Terrible news. As you say, enjoy it while you can.
On a lighter note - we had chip butties at lunchtime. :okay:

IMG-20190326-WA0000.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

Enjoy it while you can.

:sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Very sad that. I have no idea what depression must be like as I dont think it has ever seriously affected me.
I know it is sometimes a chemical inbalance that can be successfully treated with medication. Apart from that I am ignorant.
I had a very pleasant guy doing occasional work for me. Aged under 40. Very pleasant guy but sadly suffered depression and hanged himself.
I think of the 19 year old that found him but I imagine those suffering depression are unable to reason on that.

Depression is a big bad bitch, not only affecting the sufferer but those close to the sufferer.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I love chip butties. With.........RED sauce of course.:laugh:
Was just about to ask "where is the red sauce"
I feel like you are haunting me to make sure you get your post in just before mine.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Enjoy it while you can.

This is very sad. I have a close friend who suffers this illness. It is controlled with drugs but even so she struggles ocassionaly. For a year I helped another friend through very dark days and I'm glad to say she is now much better.

During my recent illness I experienced some hours when I looked down a very dark tunnel and could see the two halves of my brain. The left side showed me everything I love, the right side laughed at me. I thought it was the start of depression, it was horrific. I told both my friends this story and it only took the look on their faces to tell me how close I was. The first, who is very close, told me there was a week when she feared for my mental health.

This is a terrible illness and we should do all we can to help sufferers.

Top Bottom