The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Location
North Wales
Bonjour tout le monde.
My stepson is collecting his new car today, a KIA EV2. Really, it is his wife's car as it is under the disability scheme because she has serious health problems.
Personally, if I could afford it ( and I can't ), I would go for the Renault 4 E tech but I will carry on dreaming.
Apart from that, as we have 3 dogs today, nothing special planned.
Yesterday was beautiful weather and I went for a 54kms ride so recovery day today.
 

tarric

Veteran
Location
Scotland
So I move a little further along the coast, been parked in Foz for a few days and the weather is still quite warm mid 20's but it has rained quite a bit over the last two days. Yesterday started very overcast but did improve throughout the day right up till the thunderstorm. It was so loud I turned the tv off as I couldn't hear it, forecast is for it to start improving from tomorrow.

The sea front at Foz, reminds me a bit of Southport when the tides out lovely beach but covered by water when it's in.
IMG_0127.JPG



One of the beaches further along the coast.
IMG_0131.JPG


Foz seafront again.
IMG_0135.JPG


And a couple from this mornings sunrise.
IMG_0164.1.jpg


IMG_0194.1.jpg


Have to admit I do like a good sunrise/set.
 

yello

back and brave
Location
France
Morning coffee had. It's the one I enjoy most in truth, the one that 'hits the spot' as they say. Diminishing rewards later in the day. I've actually switched to decaf for the evening coffee. I enjoy the taste of the brand (generic supeermarket) we have and don't miss the caffeine.

I'm now contemplating what to do with myself. Under doctor's orders, I can't make any efforts for the next 6 weeks when I have an angiogram to rule out a heart issue. I say "rule out" because that's what I anticipate. There's not a lot wrong with me, I'm just getting older!

I was going to go out of my bike - it's an ideal morning for it - as I momentarily thought 'sod the advice' and wanted to get out. Then thought better of it, best play safe etc.

I've got plasterboarding to do but that's obviously on hold too. It's going to be a long 6 weeks, better get used to me here!
 
Top Bottom