The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I made Arthur cake :smile:
Arthur cake.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I do.......:becool:
I DO NOT like cold beer.
I also dont like the trend for very cold lager or guinness

D

Deleted member 1258

Always unfortunate when that happens. While I was in hospital I lost 6kg! Since being home I've gained 3kg.

As I can't drive I don't have ready access to confectionery - nearest shop is 15 minutes walk. I now know for certain sweets are my downfall. :sad::sad:

My Good Lady and my Stepdaughter are my downfall, they like to make sure we've got plenty of cakes and biscuits in the house, and I find if we have them I can't resist stopping for a snack when I'm in the kitchen .

Last edited by a moderator:

screenman

Legendary Member
I am married to a feeder, we used to run a reliability trial from the house each year, the largest turn out at the house was 72 cyclist, some had come out by car just for the grub. Drive past the end of our drive and Pam will try and force food on you, I love her for it though.

OldShep

Über Member
I am married to a feeder, we used to run a reliability trial from the house each year, the largest turn out at the house was 72 cyclist, some had come out by car just for the grub. Drive past the end of our drive and Pam will try and force food on you, I love her for it though.
I need the address ^_^ Food and I are great bedfellows

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My Good Lady and my Stepdaughter are my down fall, they like to make sure we've got plenty of cakes and biscuits in the house, and I find if we have them I can't resist stopping for a snack when I'm in the kitchen .

Yeah I'm the same. If we have cake or biscuits in the house I can't walk through the kitchen without stopping.

With a brew I find breaking biscuits in quarters helps.

classic33

Leg End Member
Always unfortunate when that happens. While I was in hospital I lost 6kg! Since being home I've gained 3kg.

As I can't drive I don't have ready access to confectionery - nearest shop is 15 minutes walk. I now know for certain sweets are my downfall. :sad::sad:
Imagine working in a sweet factory. Where they used to let you eat as many as you want, so long as you didn't slow the line down!!

Top Bottom