The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Nice ride to Ellesmere boathouse today. Only spoilt by my chain jumping rings stopping dead and me face planting into the road.

Broken teeth, smashed up face, bloodied knees, hands, elbows and a suspected fractured hand. Should have stayed in bed.

In other news, the bike is fine
If you key in 111 or type "emergency dentists" with your postcode you should get lots of options.
All the best with that.
PS
Hope all is well but if you decide to give up cycling, what size frame is the bike :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Its all gone quiet over there
Oh its all gone quiet over there

What on earth happened to Leeds?
Daffy Yellow Card.jpg

jongooligan

Legendary Member
That went a bit wrong

Its all gone quiet over there
Oh its all gone quiet over there

What on earth happened to Leeds?

Yes, it went wrong - 32 shots on target and only one goal. First time we've lost when we scored first as well. That's in the past now and there's nothing we can do to change it. Looking forward to the Brentford game on Monday when everything could change again. What a season!

jongooligan

Legendary Member
A couple of pics from Thursday's ride.

20190418_063940[1].jpg
Horkstow Bridge over the River Ancholme. The western approach is unmetalled for the last half mile or so and the eastern approach has a barrier to stop vehicles so this is a wonderfully traffic free spot for a bike ride. Recommended if you find yourself in North Lincs.

20190418_085502[1].jpg
Hairy coos plodging at North Cave wetlands. Another beautiful spot I'd never visited before. Was overjoyed to find a burger van parked there in what was otherwise a food desert. Next opportunity for food would be York, around 20 miles away so two fried egg and mushroom butties with a mug of coffee for £3.80 were just what I needed to keep the ride going.

Top Bottom