The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm very cross, we have the best day for months, hot and sunny, a great day for cycling and gardening. But I'm sat here running a temperature and with a belly that's gurgling like an overactive drain, I need to stay within sprinting distance of a toilet, and I don't feel like doing anything more than sleep.:angry::sad::angry::sad:
Ohh that sounds bad. Hope you are better quickly.

Lee_M

Guru
Nice ride to Ellesmere boathouse today. Only spoilt by my chain jumping rings stopping dead and me face planting into the road.

Broken teeth, smashed up face, bloodied knees, hands, elbows and a suspected fractured hand. Should have stayed in bed.

In other news, the bike is fine

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Nice ride to Ellesmere boathouse today. Only spoilt by my chain jumping rings stopping dead and me face planting into the road.

Broken teeth, smashed up face, bloodied knees, hands, elbows and a suspected fractured hand. Should have stayed in bed.

Bloody hell.......you don’t do things by halves! Sounds nasty. Hope you’ve gone to A & E. :hugs:

Dave7

Legendary Member

WoW.....that does sound bad. I really hope all goes well for you.

D

Deleted member 1258

:hugs: heal quick my friend. I was lucky the last time I had chain suck and landed on my fat arse, my fault, I'd left it too late to drop off the outer ring and tried to change at low revs and high pressure.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Morning all.

It's a great feeling waking up on match day with all to play for. The hairs on the back of my neck are prickling thinking about today's footy and if all goes well Leeds could be promoted by Monday.

So it's off to Elland Road for me to see Leeds wallop the Latics and wipe out that goal difference Sheffield United have. Really hope it doesn't come down to GD though.

Have a great day everyone.

That went a bit wrong

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I just had to go into town to get some money. The man that delivers our wood is going to be bringing it this weekend. That will give us a lot of time to make sure it is dry for the winter. I think everyone and his friend has decided to drive to Mid Wales today. Traffic is horrendous. There were hardly any parking spaces in town. I will not be going to town over the rest of the bank holiday, well not in the car anyway.

Would have thought experience would have taught you not to go into town on a bank holiday.
Why not just chop some down :laugh:

Top Bottom