The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I just had to go into town to get some money. The man that delivers our wood is going to be bringing it this weekend. That will give us a lot of time to make sure it is dry for the winter. I think everyone and his friend has decided to drive to Mid Wales today. Traffic is horrendous. There were hardly any parking spaces in town. I will not be going to town over the rest of the bank holiday, well not in the car anyway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I just had to go into town to get some money. The man that delivers our wood is going to be bringing it this weekend. That will give us a lot of time to make sure it is dry for the winter. I think everyone and his friend has decided to drive to Mid Wales today. Traffic is horrendous. There were hardly any parking spaces in town. I will not be going to town over the rest of the bank holiday, well not in the car anyway.
As per my earlier post.....we simply refuse to travel on bank holidays. It is just 'orrible.
Talking to a guy yesterday who took his family for a day out in Rhyl on a bank holiday. He drove round and round looking for a space, gave up and came straight back home.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
As per my earlier post.....we simply refuse to travel on bank holidays. It is just 'orrible.
Talking to a guy yesterday who took his family for a day out in Rhyl on a bank holiday. He drove round and round looking for a space, gave up and came straight back home.

I went in and came straight back out again. That's it for me for the bank holiday. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning campers.
What a beautiful day. The first morning I have not needed the fire on in the conservatory.
We tend NOT to travel over bank holidays.......had a few nightmare journeys years ago and vowed "never again". So we are in for a chill weekend.
I plan a ride later.......and unlike @jongooligan 's feeble attempts this will be a proper test of 20 miles, battling the warm sunshine on the country lanes . Must now the lawns again later. Wouldnt you think they could invent a grass that allows you to select a height and it stays like that (and before Classic says it, I dont mean artificial ^_^).
There is, but artificial is a "little bit" cheaper

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sitting in the bay window of The George watching the Grockles pour in.

IMG_20190419_121301478.jpg

Currently averaging about 3 every 2 minutes - motorhomes and caravans.
Blinking hot out there! :sun:

Top Bottom