The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
More scores on the doors. Very breezy. A horrible headwind and I did think it was going to rain towards the end. Still another 16 miles done for me.

The natives were out in force

Cracking pictures as ever @welsh dragon

D

Deleted member 1258

I made a major mistake today^_^, I treated my Good lady to lunch at a favourite garden centre, we now have hanging baskets out the front and two trays of bedding plants to go in the garden. Was a good outing, followed a favourite cycle route out, but had to use a different route back to avoid road works in one of the villages, all driven on quiet lanes. I plan to get my bike out tomorrow, my first ride since the trots, I'm not feeling bad and my appetite is back.

classic33

Leg End Member
I will bite.... why me ?
Whatever the answer I wont take offence.... haha, see what I did there. Offence, a fence . Oh I am so funny.:blush:
Gotta give you something to wonder about.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Knocked the pro game on the head 3 years ago, got sick of it. Season ticket down Villa for 25 years and got back into non league. Dont miss the pro game one bit.
Over the years when there wasnt a big game always watched local non league team and supported them.
Loads has happened over the year and just follow the local team everywhere when I can. Brilliant laugh, brilliant people watch non league so friendly, have a drink with the players, you know them and the clubs directors etc.

I agree there is a lot wrong with the professional game. I rarely watch any football except Rovers and I can't think of what would stop me. I hardly ever watch TV football. I could rant for ages but won't.

We lived in Harborne 1980-82. A great friend of mine was a big Villa fan. I had a season ticket for 80/81 and 81/82 - couldn't have picked two better seasons to watch the Villa.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I agree there is a lot wrong with the professional game. I rarely watch any football except Rovers and I can't think of what would stop me. I hardly ever watch TV football. I could rant for ages but won't.

We lived in Harborne 1980-82. A great friend of mine was a big Villa fan. I had a season ticket for 80/81 and 81/82 - couldn't have picked two better seasons to watch the Villa.

I did every game home and away 80/81 and highlights of the following season were trips to Anderlecht and a great night in Rotterdam.
We won today and are now in the play-offs. Interest minimal and I wont be doing any of them.
Non league today and extremely enjoyable.

Top Bottom