The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Awake and trying to think of a reason to not go out on the bike as I'm a lazy farker.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The house is strangely quiet today, decorating is complete, radiators replaced and central heating ready for next winter. Just the great cleanup of 2019 to do.
Gardens didnt get mowed with all the running around I had to do so I will do that, hopefully4 before the promised rain arrives.
Breakfast will be fresh fruit with yogurt. The main meal is set to be spag bol'..... one of my yummy favourites :rolleyes:.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got up for a P and a drink then decided it was a silly idea and after half an hour went back to bed. Went back to sleep but had strange dreams.
I also had strange dreams last night. It started off as normal with me being chased by the mad welsh woman in big bloomers and shouting yaki-dah. But this time she was followed by a mad yorshireman wearing a flat cap, waving a scythe and shouting 'appen 'appen a'gate.
I must get some help :blush:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day people.

Not sure what today holds. I shall walk over the hill shortly to pick up my monthly meds. Mrs P is going out to lunch. I may pop in to town to food shop but it means hauling everything home in a rucksack. Alternatively I can finish riddling the stones on our garden path to get the accumulated soil out.

Tonight we are going to see Sir Ian McKellen which should be very good.

Went to see James Acaster last night. Sound was appalling, at best I understood 25% of the first half. I told the Box Office and the sound engineer actually came to our seats to ask about the problem. You have to be impressed by that and it did improve for the second half.

Acaster himself?Whst I could hear was poor but it's obviously difficult to judge. The second half was entirely about his personal and mental health issues interspersed with insulting the audience. Not my idea of humour.

This is the third act I've heard dealing with personal break up, mental health, the others being John Robbins and Sara Pascoe. I don't find it amusing and wouldn't bother with Robbins or Acaster again. I've since seen Pascoe again at the Edinburgh Festival and she was very, very good.

screenman

Legendary Member
An observation I have made over many years of sitting in Tom chairs is that the people shopping first thing when the shops open are a lot slimmer in general than those doing so later in the day, much the same in Spoons, early are slimmer than the lunch time one's, this needs more studying.

Can you guess where I am now?

classic33

Leg End Member
An observation I have made over many years of sitting in Tom chairs is that the people shopping first thing when the shops open are a lot slimmer in general than those doing so later in the day, much the same in Spoons, early are slimmer than the lunch time one's, this needs more studying.

Can you guess where I am now?
The TOM chair in "spoons".

Top Bottom