The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Headline news in north wales' Gazette.
"3 men suffocated when a large pair of bloomers blew off the line and landed in the next garden. Medical staff say they could not be saved as the damage was too severe".

:laugh::laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back from our 22 miler now.
Forecast was for white cloud - not a mention of rain.
What did it do?
We got to the highest point on the ride and the heavens opened!
@#%*&$@% weather forecasters! :angry:
Similar to my ride then. Got to the highest point and.....
More sunshine :rolleyes:
Sorry to be bitchy, its that 2nd glass of wine that did it.

Lee_M

Guru
Missed the club rides this weekend due to major DIY tasks.

Good job really. I'm known to be a jinx, so I'm sure I'd have got the blame for the snapped ulna that happened.

Thinking my retirement should have less cycling and more spin classes, especially like Sunday's class, which thewas based on the soundtrack for the Shrek movies. Awesome fun!

Morning all. Looks like it's going to be an alright sort of day, no rain.

Any King Crimson fans here, only they're doing a gig at the Royal Albert Hall this week, and Groupon are doing best seat available tickets for £30. We're going on Wednesday. :okay:[/QUOTE.

Remember seeing them in the seventies,great band.
If i was hard pushed to pick a favourite album it would have to be islands.
Last time i was at the royal albert hall was a few years ago to see yes.

D

Deleted member 1258

I had a bonus this morning, a dry bike ride, I abandoned the long ride this morning once I'd seen the tree's out the back being blown horizontal by the wind and headed for Sutton Cheney, when I came out the cafe and it was still dry I took the scenic route home, a hard but enjoyable ride, slow into the wind but flying with it behind me, 58 miles for me this morning.

dickyknees

Guru
Just like the Med except the tide has gone out!

6C007A40-98D8-4A53-B494-73DB9BB9D815.jpeg

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have signed up to a drug trial for a new pain killer drug for Arthritis, especially in the knees and hips. I have passed the phone interview, so tomorrow I will cycle over to the Mount Vernon Hospital near Rickmansworth for a MRI scan and a talk to the doctor about everything that is involved. I still may not be what they are looking for, but anything that may help the pain I sometimes suffer in my right knee will help.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have signed up to a drug trial for a new pain killer drug for Arthritis, especially in the knees and hips. I have passed the phone interview, so tomorrow I will cycle over to the Mount Vernon Hospital near Rickmansworth for a MRI scan and a talk to the doctor about everything that is involved. I still may not be what they are looking for, but anything that may help the pain I sometimes suffer in my right knee will help.

Fingers crossed for you. :okay:

Top Bottom