The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I was a tea drinker all my life (just one cup 1st thing)........ until I bought a coffee pod machine and coffee has now replaced my cuppa.
Having just re-read this I have decided that tomorrow I go back to tea.
I sleep so badly I just wondered if I stopped the coffee if it might help. I'll maybe persevere for a bit longer, but if there's no difference, I think I will be back on the coffee. I don't really like the feeling of being slightly addicted to coffee, but I suppose as Drago says, limit to around 3 cups per day isn't actually too bad.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I hate tea. Can't even stand the smell of it.

I have always been a coffee drinker. I have no idea what I would do if I couldn't have coffee.:eek:. It. Does. Not. Compute. :ohmy:

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all. Mrs GM is what I would call a coffee snob. She has to have a certain bean from a coffee shop in Covent Garden beginning with M, I don't mind because sometimes she sends me down there to get some, it makes a nice little ride there and back.
Helping the boy out this afternoon with a bit of decorating as he needs to finish the job by Friday, make a change to get my hands dirty again.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning from Milan. Another sunny day. We are getting the train up to Como at 11.49 and then the fast ferry to Menaggio.
On the coffee front I am really a tea drinker, but I do like a proper cup of coffee, not that instant stuff. Here in Italy the coffee is wonderful.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The coffee is Italy is indeed great. Unfortunately, the national dish is a large slice of toast with cheese, tomato, and various random bits of diced up roadkill sprinkled atop it. ;)

Yum. Pizza^_^

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I sleep so badly I just wondered if I stopped the coffee if it might help. I'll maybe persevere for a bit longer, but if there's no difference, I think I will be back on the coffee. I don't really like the feeling of being slightly addicted to coffee, but I suppose as Drago says, limit to around 3 cups per day isn't actually too bad.

Have you tried de caff coffee before bedtime?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Have you tried de caff coffee before bedtime?
I drink Barleycup which is a lovely cereal drink without caffeine. Makes no difference. In fact, I sometimes think I sleep better after a coffee. :wacko:

I can't remember when this started. Been several years now. Maybe the menopause. Who knows. It's not that I'm sleepy and can't drop off, but that I hardly ever get sleepy!

Top Bottom