The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Were you outside at the time, no restrictive window views?
I was here around 11.30 am.
About 1/2 mile west of Ilfracombe harbour.

IMG_20190812_104808768_HDR.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
I was here around 11.30 am.
About 1/2 mile west of Ilfracombe harbour.

View attachment 479812
If you'd waited another four hours you might have seen it.

I take it you won't be riding the Tour de Mon next Sunday then. I am waiting till Thursday to decide myself as it is forecasting rain on Sunday. If that's the case, I won't be going.

You’re correct, I’d certainly balk at the thought of cycling down the A545 between Menai Bridge and Beaumaris and parts of the A5025 would cause concern. Also the forecast of a headwind for the last 26 miles of the 106 doesn’t look appealing*, but I do hope the forecast improves. Enjoy.

Edit ~ * depends on which route you are doing.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I keep well clear of Trearddur Bay drinking establishments during the month of August
As a young one I loved the place, we owned a GP14 dinghy and used to go out for hours in it. My slightly elder brother and I used to sail far enough out to cause our Dad to swear at us when we returned. We had a 5HP Evinrude outboard mounted to the side of the rudder and it felt like a get out of jail free card if you overcooked your route but I recall the tide going out one time and the wind not in our favour and gaining about 1mph relative speed to return to land with a squeaking behind.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonne nuit tout le monde. ( That will fool @Drago)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
G'day! Still and clear here and looks quite fresh.

Today I'm getting Mrs P's birthday present though the day is September 6th. This year I have inspiration. Recently Mrs P has been attending painting classes and is proving quite good. A friend who is a keen and good painter confirms this. Mrs P has no brushes, paint etc. so this morning - the class provides these - said friend is taking me to the shop he uses to help select a basic starting set.

Job done and this year I'll have got it right.

This afternoon I have more holly to burn. The tree is down, just rubbish lots of it to get rid of.

Top Bottom