The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I always do. :smile:

A lucky man!

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning - Dry but dull here at the moment but the forecast says rain is moving in later. Just in time to stop me riding over to see my brother.

We have a plumber arriving this morning to put in a new toilet and sink. I've made a temporary toilet in an outbuilding. Should be interesting. :smile:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning everyone. It's raining. The doze seems to have worked on two levels......I feel more rested and Mrs P brought the coffee up. This is unusual.

Mrs P is out this morning and later this afternoon.

It's raining. The position of our garage is such heavy rain causes surface water and silt to flood in. Today's job is to fix this - it's best done in the rain as I can see the water flow.

Report from soggy Lancashire to follow.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning - Dry but dull here at the moment but the forecast says rain is moving in later. Just in time to stop me riding over to see my brother.

We have a plumber arriving this morning to put in a new toilet and sink. I've made a temporary toilet in an outbuilding. Should be interesting. :smile:
I've got this to look forward to at some point. My bathroom is ancient.........still a coloured suite even! Lol. It has finally started to give problems with little leaks, plus with it being so small and myself getting older, I think I would like to get the bath out and a shower cubicle in instead. Plumbers are up to their eyes around here with work so not sure when I'll actually get it done, but dreading the upheaval.

Mart44

Über Member
I've got this to look forward to at some point. My bathroom is ancient.........still a coloured suite even! Lol. It has finally started to give problems with little leaks, plus with it being so small and myself getting older, I think I would like to get the bath out and a shower cubicle in instead. Plumbers are up to their eyes around here with work so not sure when I'll actually get it done, but dreading the upheaval.

We had the bathroom made into a wet-room. I miss the bath a bit but the whole bathroom floor being sealed and one big space gives a lot of room for movement when showering. If I stay away anywhere, I bang my elbows a lot on the sides of a shower cubicle. :smile:

PaulSB

Legendary Member

When we had kids at home we needed four bedrooms. The loft bedroom has long been changed back to the house library and a sewing/craft room. Still has a bed up there for Christmas visits.

The smallest bedroom, next to ours, we converted to a shower room. It's a real boon. Originally it was the bathroom till Mrs P became pregnant with son No.3. Three in six years cramped the house and we weren't for moving.

Our bathroom is down stairs in an extension we built to allow us to convert the original bathroom in to a bedroom. Walking through the back room and kitchen never worked well. We've swapped more rooms around in this house than one can credit.

A shower is much better as we get older.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We had the bathroom made into a wet-room. I miss the bath a bit but the whole bathroom floor being sealed and one big space gives a lot of room for movement when showering. If I stay away anywhere, I bang my elbows a lot on the sides of a shower cubicle. :smile:
We had the main bathroom fitted out 5 years ago and decided to have a bath. Its good it I can see the day coming when we want a big walk in shower or a wet room.
We have a granny flat with a full bathroom so may convert that one instead.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all fellow retirees. On my second mug of tea and reading a book about the bizarre curiosities of London throughout the ages. As per normal the dog will go out shortly and afterwards a few miles on the bike. I am going to trawl the charity shops, of which there are many in Barnet for some reading material as I am getting a little short of books. As I have to pass the Mitre on the way home it would be churlish not to call in for a couple of pints :cheers:
What bike will it be using?

Top Bottom