The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I have had a crap day. A close relative passed away at about 1600hrs. Expected, but still upsetting.
Not as crap as theirs. :hugs:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day.Yesterday was beautiful and today looks as though it will be the same.

Joining what my wife calls the "big boys ride" today. This is the group I rode with before getting ill. My second outing with them since getting back on the bike. Last time we hit 24/25 for about 10 miles - legs were good though I was hanging in there. However I could feel my head thumping a little and dropped off towards the end. Listening to my body. I shall see what happens.

The slower club ride is doing a century but this includes two cafe stops, a ferry crossing and the cycle route down Blackpool front - on a bank holiday!! :eek:

Even averaging 15, which it won't, this going to mean 8.5 hours out as a minimum. The leader is complaining not many are going.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry for your loss @Drago.

Good morning peeps. Anpter nice day for us I think.:hello:

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: morning from a sunny and warm Coventry, we had a great day yesterday, picked up my Brother In law and his wife in the car and went over to the Earlswood Plant Centre for lunch and a wander round, then we drove back to his place and watched the Challenge Cup Final.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
@Drago I echo the thoughts of others. As we age those losses sadly seem to occur more often :sad:
For me yesterday was good.......
Enjoyed my ride
Mowed both lawns
Watched Warrington beat St Helens
Watched Liverpool beat Arsenal
Early night and a good sleep.

Going off road for a 30 miler today, along the Manchester ship canal then the Penine Way to Dunham Massey. Setting off at 09.30.
Got to put air in tyres and oil the chain so off I pop.
Enjoy your sunny day all.

Top Bottom