The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldy

You are just a kid!!! By 1961 I was working full time :blush:
I started work in 1977, I just look old :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day one and all. It's full, grey and breezy but feels quite warm. Not a great sleep and feel a bit bog eyed. Where did that expression come from?

Trying to decide if our scales are working. Lost 0.75kg overnight. Tried again 30 minutes later and had gained 0.6kg without eating. Weighed breakfast and tried again and gained another 0.5kg which is the weight of what I had eaten. Weird. New battery and calibration later by weighing something with a known weight.

Riding in 15 minutes...byeeeee :bicycle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Like Drago I am not much into breakfast but have to eat it if I am going to ride or golf etc.
Today i am putting the bike on the car and heading off to New Brighton. The plan is to drop Mrs D and her aunty off so they can tootle round the shops and cafe while I do a 30 miler to Hoylake & Parkgate along the front. I say plan as its quite windy here and you can be sure it will be twice as strong over there. No rain forcast but jacket will be in my pocket.
If its warm I will grab some chips or maybe an ice cream from one of the famous parlours at Parkgate.
Home for late afternoon for a well earned beer ^_^

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all. Giving the bike a bit of TLC this morning, getting it ready for tonight's FNRttC. Looking forward to this as it's about 18 months since did the last one. Getting my head down this afternoon to make up for the missed sleep.

You are just a kid!!! By 1961 I was working full time :blush:

September 1964 for me, and £3.16.10 pence my first weeks wages.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. Still in bed but no Bike ride today. Recovering from 28 miles ride yesterday which was hard: very windy and lots of hills so legs still tired, beside it is still very windy today. No idea what I am doing today apart from a bit of DIY. My wife is going to have her hair done this morning. I will probably wash both cars for something to do as well.
I started work during summer holidays in 1964 as a telegram boy in July and August but full time in 1967 in a tobacco factory before doing my compulsory military service for 13 months as a mechanic on tanks 1969.
Where has the time gone?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Off out somewhere nice this morning for a bit of shopping/doggie walking/sightseeing/pub lunching.
Back to the caravan mid afternoon to await the arrival of our bestest mates in their camper van. Barbeque tonight and plenty of wine.
Off to posh wedding tomorrow, where other bestest mate's daughter is getting hitched.

postman

Legendary Member
Once the Postman has been with Mrs P's e bay order.I am going out.Birthday card for Mrs P's Sunday birthday.Train tickets for my break on the East coast.Some flowers for Mrs P at bus ride to Otley to pick up my birthday pressie to myself Feb 4th i have had made a polo shirt with a beer label OLD BOB as a crest.Got a lot to do,so come on Postie get yer bum around here fast.

postman

Legendary Member
Off out somewhere nice this morning for a bit of shopping/doggie walking/sightseeing/pub lunching.
Back to the caravan mid afternoon to await the arrival of our bestest mates in their camper van. Barbeque tonight and plenty of wine.
Off to posh wedding tomorrow, where other bestest mate's daughter is getting hitched.

Go on tell me you have bought her a tow bar from 'Alfords.

D

Deleted member 1258

My Good Lady walked into the lounge just now and something moved down near the door, a quick look revealed one of our resident grasshoppers sat on the carpet in the middle of the room. I managed to catch it using a glass and a piece of cardboard and it's now been evicted.

Top Bottom