The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickyknees

Guru
Porth Daffarch ??

Yes, another of Porth Dafarch, the next two are on the way to South Stack, I didn’t have the time or inclination to ride up the hill to the lighthouse. The sunset is looking towards Holy Island from Anglesey.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Afternoon folks. Another 17 miler for me. Still gorgeous here.

20190919_120827.jpg
20190919_112909.jpg
20190919_112912.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
You do your shopping at the dentist?

D

Deleted member 1258

A long meandering bimble for me today, 75 miles, a mixture of roads I knew, roads I hadn't ridden for many years and some I'd never ridden, and a cafe, Granny's in Weedon, I hadn't visited before. I started out with a route out in my head which I followed, but sat in the cafe I noticed I wasn't far from Farthingstone or Priors Marston, so decided to ride out towards Farthingstone then turn though Everdon, past Fawlsley Hall and into Priors Maston and pick up an old route I knew home. The fun started when I got to the crossroads on the main road and wanted to turn right towards Priors Marston, the road was closed, and I could see they were working on the old bridge so no way through, I had to follow the main road into Byfield then turn right and ride into Priors marston from the south, then on through Napton and Long Ichington then picking up a regular route home riding into Brandon and across Coventry home. A thoroughly enjoyable bike ride but I'm knackered now.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/40108593

Last edited by a moderator:

johnblack

Über Member
A long meandering bimble for me today, 75 miles, a mixture of roads I knew, roads I hadn't ridden for many years and some I'd never ridden, and a cafe, Granny's in Weedon, I hadn't visited before. I started out with a route out in my head which I followed, but sat in the cafe I noticed I wasn't far from Farthingstone or Priors Marston, so decided to ride out towards Farthingstone then turn though Everdon, past Fawlsley Hall and into Priors Maston and pick up an old route I knew home. The fun started when I got to the crossroads on the main road and wanted to turn right towards Priors Marston, the road was closed, and I could see they were working on the old bridge so no way through, I had to follow the main road into Byfield then turn right and ride into Priors marston from the south, then on through Napton and Long Ichington then picking up a regular route home riding into Brandon and across Coventry home. A thoroughly enjoyable bike ride but I'm knackered now.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/40108593
The road from Charwelton to Priors has been shut for an age, I always just ride round the barricades, but I've never seen anyone actually working up there, just down below. Maybe they're going to actually repair the bridge.

There is a great coffee stop to be had in Napton, the village post office is one of our regular stops, really amazing cakes and pasties.

D

Deleted member 1258

The road from Charwelton to Priors has been shut for an age, I always just ride round the barricades, but I've never seen anyone actually working up there, just down below. Maybe they're going to actually repair the bridge.

There is a great coffee stop to be had in Napton, the village post office is one of our regular stops, really amazing cakes and pasties.

Its been several years since I've been that way so I didn't know it was closed, with bridge repairs it's common to find there's no way through, even on the bike, so I just rode down to Byfield and rode into Priors Marston from that direction.

Top Bottom