The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Drive through the Dartford Tunnel, put your screen washers on full and shout "Its leaking!!!"

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oh yes, before I start the ironing. One to make the beer drinkers jealous. Last Thursday I enjoyed a world exclusive. Local to us is a great micro brewery which I visit once a week to collect their spent hops. These I use on my allotment.

www.beerbrothers.co.uk

So were standing around shooting the breeze when one of the guys appears with a glass of beer. "Try this. It's only been out of the fermenter for 20 minutes." Paul tastes beer which is wonderful. Cold, sparkly on the tongue, like a first glass IPA without the hoppiness.

"That's our new beer. You're the first person outside the brewery to taste it. It's called Simply Red."

It's unlikely you'll find their beers outside 20 miles from Preston but you can always visit us. Fabulous range of beers and this one is an absolute belter!!!

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning - It's very dark and wet here and if we didn't have to go out we wouldn't. We have to brave the weather though because Mrs mart has a medical appointment at the doctor's.

No mean task in the rain because she's in a wheelchair and it takes time to get from the car into the wheelchair and vice versa. A lot of time for us both to get wet in weather like this.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh yes, before I start the ironing. One to make the beer drinkers jealous. Last Thursday I enjoyed a world exclusive. Local to us is a great micro brewery which I visit once a week to collect their spent hops. These I use on my allotment.

www.beerbrothers.co.uk

So were standing around shooting the breeze when one of the guys appears with a glass of beer. "Try this. It's only been out of the fermenter for 20 minutes." Paul tastes beer which is wonderful. Cold, sparkly on the tongue, like a first glass IPA without the hoppiness.

"That's our new beer. You're the first person outside the brewery to taste it. It's called Simply Red."

It's unlikely you'll find their beers outside 20 miles from Preston but you can always visit us. Fabulous range of beers and this one is an absolute belter!!!

Thats why I brew my own. Much better than the filth they sell up the offie.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Having to wait in for a parcel (new 110ah leisure battery for the van),
courier tracking says they will be here between 10.17 and 12.17.
I'm hoping it will be the earlier time as I need to go down the village this morning.
We've had some flooding in the village last night apparently.

Drago

Legendary Member
Pithing down with rain. House tidy, chores done, bored. I would go to the range and get some shooting time in but the country roads are treacherous round here here in the heavy rain and no fun in the Smart car. Perhaps when I get the XC90, but not in a car so light it actually floats.

Top Bottom