The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I was at school we had a really nasty maths teacher. He'd smack you round the head, and was an Olympic standard board rubber between the eyes thrower. My how we cheered when we returned from one summer holiday to be told he wouldn't be back as he'd fallen off a ladder and broken his back!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Yesterday I performed that stunt so popular with retired gentle folk, yes, I fell off a ladder.
Never mind, things seemed better this morning but not better enough for me not to feel like pouring a generous measure of whisky into my mid-morning coffee, for purely medicinal reasons of course:smile:.
Easily done.
A pal of mine fell off a ladder when he was 68 and recently retired. Hit his head on an ornamental wall around a flower bed.
His missus came back from shopping and found him dead on the patio.

D

Deleted member 1258

Easily done.
A pal of mine fell off a ladder when he was 68 and recently retired. Hit his head on an ornamental wall around a flower bed.
His missus came back from shopping and found him dead on the patio.

I fell of a step ladder many years ago and was off work for eleven weeks having broken my heel.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yesterday I performed that stunt so popular with retired gentle folk, yes, I fell off a ladder.
Never mind, things seemed better this morning but not better enough for me not to feel like pouring a generous measure of whisky into my mid-morning coffee, for purely medicinal reasons of course:smile:.
And the ladder?

classic33

Leg End Member
When I was at school we had a really nasty maths teacher. He'd smack you round the head, and was an Olympic standard board rubber between the eyes thrower. My how we cheered when we returned from one summer holiday to be told he wouldn't be back as he'd fallen off a ladder and broken his back!
You went to the same school as me!!

classic33

Leg End Member

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well......I dosed up on Ibuprofen and set off with no idea how far I would get. Wandered around exploring the back lanes. I then saw a sign to a place called Campinet (any Majorca regulars will know it) so went for it. Blinkin eck....there were some serious hills for the bike/gears I was on.
But pleased to report I managed to get 42 miles in.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well good evening. Slept too well last night and ended up sleeping in and rushing to the ride meet.

Had the wheel bearings replaced on my winter bike. I think they probably needed doing a year ago - the difference is very significant. Gone from working hard to keep up to normal service resumed!

It's ☔ so I've sat down with a glass of whisky. Mrs P is out tonight so I can eat what I like, chose a film and open a bottle of red.

Top Bottom