The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. I have had more sleep and feel less grumpy. It's a @Drago Y fronts day here - grey and damp.

I'm going to spend the day tidying my allotment.

Last edited:

GM

Legendary Member
So you were a proper 'geezer' then^_^.
I realise "London" covers a BIG area but from where you live is it easy to pick up nice cycling routes ?
We keep threatening to downsize but the problem is that we both love this house

Yes, a true Cockney :okay:. As for cycling routes, around the Hertfordshire lanes are very popular, and in the other direction cycling around London especially on a Sunday morning is a pure delight!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Here is one just for the oldies.....not for all those young whippersnappers ^_^
Asking @screenman where he lives brought this to mind so.......
Where were you born??
Which place/places have you lived for lengthy periods??
What took you to were you are now?
Me
Born on the wirral and lived in Wallasey/New Brighton till I was 21.
Met Mrs D, married and moved to Warrington where we have been ever since.
Sounds quite boring but its been mostly enjoyable.

Good game!!

Born in Hazelmere, Surrey then raised for 19 years in small Hampshire village. My father worked for an estate agent, we lived in eight different houses in the same village in that time!!

Moved to Worcester for three years, York four years, Birmingham (Sparkbrook and Harborne) two years. Chorley 37 years. This cottage 36 years and I'm going out in a box.

Worcester was college. York work. Birmingham my then girlfriend announced she was moving - I followed as I wasn't losing this one! Chorley for work.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good game!!

Born in Hazelmere, Surrey then raised for 19 years in small Hampshire village. My father worked for an estate agent, we lived in eight different houses in the same village in that time!!

Moved to Worcester for three years, York four years, Birmingham (Sparkbrook and Harborne) two years. Chorley 37 years. This cottage 36 years and I'm going out in a box.

Worcester was college. York work. Birmingham my then girlfriend announced she was moving - I followed as I wasn't losing this one! Chorley for work.
I am dizzy after reading that:wacko:
Life has certainly not been boring for you.
We were close to moving to Chorley some 20-25 years ago. Did a lot of house hunting but ended up staying here.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
'Kin cold up at Fernworthy this morning.
Had a walk along the side of the lake and up to see a stone circle.:cold:

Found a very odd fungus - never seen anything like this before. Not one I've seen in the books either.

Dave7

Legendary Member
'Kin cold up at Fernworthy this morning.
Had a walk along the side of the lake and up to see a stone circle.:cold:
View attachment 492309

Found a very odd fungus - never seen anything like this before. Not one I've seen in the books either.
View attachment 492310
@Drago should be able to help you there. It looks like something he may have left while visiting :rolleyes:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I was born in Shandon House now I think part of the nuclear submarine base on the Gare Loch. From there to various locations but the war years at primary school in Maddison near Falkirk. Then to Helensburgh and latterly Cardross. When I got married new wife and myself moved to Bowling at the west end of the Forth/Clyde canal. In 1972 we jumped to a challenging new job on the Isle of Mull and have been there ever since. My wife is now buried at Tobermory and in due course I will be joining her there.

Top Bottom