The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
So my ride today? It's taken an awful long time. We had a guy with us who turns up from time to time usually on the flats. Today we decided on a rolling route with a couple of climbs. Well!

Time elapsed: 5:20
Moving time: 3:58

We always wait for people, ride at the pace of the slowest etc.

Mart44

Über Member
Good day :smile: - The morning has been sunny but it's clouding over a bit now.

I rode over to my friend's house early on and from there, we went on a U3A walk. A pint at the pub, back to his place and a ride back home again.

This afternoon I did some tidying up in the garden and fixed a socket onto the car battery so I can plug the trickle charger in. We don't use the car much and it can suffer from a flat battery during the cold winter months.

Thought it was time I posted to say hello to the good folks here. :hello:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Aussie is a lovely country I loved it out there, it's hot, but most of the time is it a dry heat and you hardly notice it and as for the wild life, it's not that bad I saw only one snake in the three years I as out there and only got bitten once by a bull ant, I won't say where as cyclechat is a family site, but it hurt :cry:
You can say where in Australia........we're pretty thick skinned in here.:becool:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Aussie is a lovely country I loved it out there, it's hot, but most of the time is it a dry heat and you hardly notice it and as for the wild life, it's not that bad I saw only one snake in the three years I as out there and only got bitten once by a bull ant, I won't say where as cyclechat is a family site, but it hurt :cry:
Could have been worse 😉 ... marginally! Schmidt sting pain index

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
For those bored with TV I've been trying the series "Mars" on Netflix tonight. I watched the first two episodes of Season One, decent enough so far.
Are there any new comedy films on Netflix recently ? could do with a good laugh , hate the short wet dull days and the long wet nights

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't have to go 10,500 miles to be stung somewhere painful.

aferris2

Guru
I'm loving it in Australia! It is a bit warm. Had 38°C a few days ago. Today is cooler on the coast (35) but expect it to be over 40 as we head inland today. Snakes and spiders arent a problem just about everywhere because they are more frightened by people than we are of them. Salties (crocodiles) are a problem if you come across one, but this is not very likely.
The East coast is having a really bad time with bush fires at the moment and it is only looking to get worse as we head into summer here. We are taking the alternative route West, then South through Alice Springs. Will probably get back to the east coast in Feb, so hopefully the fires will be out or under control by that time. We shall see.
Not missing the cold and rain and snow one bit. Sorry!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
...before the numbness took over from the pain.

Top Bottom