The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well we got our fish & chips in^_^. Starter was breaded mushrooms......£4.99 each for 2 courses.
A pint of Timothy Tayor Landlord to wash it down........Mrs D had a large glass of red. Meal might be cheap but they make it up on the drinks.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Wonder if you still get as many OAP,s jetting off to warmer climes for the winter months. Used to be all the rage. Does sound tempting :cold:

Not exactly "jetting off", we, and several thousand others, usually, head south in our Motorhome, for a few months in winter.

Left to my own devices, I would go November to April, but, Mrs Boldonlad insists on being around for Christmas with the Grandchildren.

This year, oldest granddaughter has further messed up my plans, by deciding to get married in February, most inconsiderate of her ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
View attachment 493349
Well we got our fish & chips in^_^. Starter was breaded mushrooms......£4.99 each for 2 courses.
A pint of Timothy Tayor Landlord to wash it down........Mrs D had a large glass of red. Meal might be cheap but they make it up on the drinks.
Classic will be along in a bit to tell you that the ramekins are illegal or the mushy peas are the a non standard colour......

Dave7

Legendary Member
Had to go to the “local” Screwfix, 20 miles away in Bangor so thought I’d take the bike on the car then ride from Port Penrhyn to Conwy and return. A chilly 33 mile bimble.
View attachment 493354

View attachment 493355

View attachment 493356

View attachment 493357
When I read the opening sentence "to my local screwfix" I thought what!!! Then I carried on reading^_^.
Photos are nice.
Which route if not the A55 ??

Top Bottom