The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Tesco PAYG £5/month for 100 minutes, 100 texts, 250mb of data. When I get close to the data limit I switch it off and save for an emergency. It's called Rocket Packs.

I can also change the amount I buy each month. When we go abroad I pay £10 and get 4gb of data.

Works well for me.
I'm with Talk Mobile - £5 a month for 500 minutes / 5000 texts / 2gb data.
I'd rather have less minutes / texts and more data.
I'll have to get on to them to see if it's possible.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ooh, exciting. Must have been the chief constables car.
It's been cooked now!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Tesco PAYG £5/month for 100 minutes, 100 texts, 250mb of data. When I get close to the data limit I switch it off and save for an emergency. It's called Rocket Packs.

I can also change the amount I buy each month. When we go abroad I pay £10 and get 4gb of data.

Works well for me.

Yes, been using Tesco/O2 for many years. I was first attracted to them because you could "cap" the bill, which meant I could provide a Phone for one of my daughters, who has no problem talking her way through 5000 minutes per month, without worrying about the size of the direct debit taken from my account each month!

Over the years I have only good things to say about them On the very odd occasion when the Network has been "down", they have refunded a portion of the monthly rental, without being asked; we have travelled extensively "abroad" with no problems; they even give club card points on the bills, which I can use to obtain discounted Tunnel/Ferry Fares.

We (self, Mrs, and daughter), are on a SIM only contracts £9/month, 5000minutes; 5000 texts 4GB Data.

Last edited:
Top Bottom