The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Trouble with living here is ten minutes after starting a chainsaw all these pensioners appear..........with chainsaws. :laugh:

Friend of mine turned up. Worked well together and shared the spoils. Tree was only 200 yards from the allotment.

Well done. Downed trees dont last long here either.:laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Netflix recommendation. I've been watching "Mars", halfway in to season two. This is very, very good.

Yes there is a sci fi element and a story about the colonisation of Mars. The story though is supported by the real back story of space exploration, the threats to our planet, our exploitation of it's resources, climate change, disease etc. and how all of this could/would impact on Mars should colonisation be attempted.

I'm really enjoying it. The second season especially so.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning folks. Not as cold as it was yesterday. Still too dark to see anything outside yet but I can hear lots of leaves being blown around :hello:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello world! :hello: I feel good today. Two decent sleeps in a row. 5C outside, bluish sky and small pink tinged clouds - must be sunrise somewhere.

Riding at 9.30 on a good flat route to a favourite cafe. Most of the usual reprobates are coming.

Next is porridge, empty dishwasher, ironing and get kit on.

Chainsaw battery on charge for a possible second assault this afternoon.

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning
039.gif
- I'll be going on a U3A walk soon (around 4 miles). The usual cycle ride to my friend's house and then a drive to the starting point. Cycling home again after we get back to his house. It all keeps me moving.
icon_smile.gif

Possibly a trip to 'The Range' later to buy a few things.

Have the best possible day.

Top Bottom