The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Glad I wasn't drinking coffee!! ,🤣🤣🤣
And I am glad I'm not the pheasant plucker

PaulSB

Legendary Member
There's a danger you lot will have me down as the thread alcofrolic. So! I'm quite a fan of Which? and often refer to the Best Buy recommendations but rarely on wine. After reading this month's magazine I thought I'd try some. I'm looking for reds to have in at Christmas when folk call round or we're invited out.

Coop Fairtrade Malbec. £7.50. I know a lot of reds for less £££ which are much better. I like Malbec but to me this is disappointingly harsh. I'll finish the bottle over the week but won't buy another.

Iceland Rabo de Galo. £5.49. I enjoy many Portuguese wines and this is no exception. It's got lots of flavour, well rounded and mellow. I do though know many for an extra £2+ which are twice as good. Decent every day at home stuff but I wouldn't take it to a friend's house.

Anyone looking for prosecco - I haven't been testing this as well - I think the ALDI Organic Prosecco is the best I've ever had. We've got six squirreled away for Christmas. They do other sparkling wines in the same range. Must try these.

Speaking of ALDI, and we have a few whisky drinkers on here, the Glen Marnoch Islay single malt is very good. Also tried the Highland Select blended malt which I like but it's not as good to me.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
There's a danger you lot will have me down as the thread alcofrolic. So! I'm quite a fan of Which? and often refer to the Best Buy recommendations but rarely on wine. After reading this month's magazine I thought I'd try some. I'm looking for reds to have in at Christmas when folk call round or we're invited out.

Coop Fairtrade Malbec. £7.50. I know a lot of reds for less £££ which are much better. I like Malbec but to me this is disappointingly harsh. I'll finish the bottle over the week but won't buy another.

Iceland Rabo de Galo. £5.49. I enjoy many Portuguese wines and this is no exception. It's got lots of flavour, well rounded and mellow. I do though no many for an extra £2+ which are twice as good. Decent every day at home stuff but I wouldn't take it to s friend's house.

Anyone looking for prosecco - I haven't been testing this as well - I think the ALDI Organic Prosecco is the best I've ever had. We've got six squirreled away for Christmas. They do other sparkling wines in the same range. Must try these.

Speaking of ALDI, and we have a few whisky drinkers on here, the Glen Marnoch Islay single malt is very good. Also tried the Highland Select blended malt which I like but it's not as good to me.

I do like a glass or two of Red Wine, but, despite practising frequently, I am no expert. I do find Aldi have some very pleasant wines (online) at competitive prices.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Aldi organic wine never gives a hangover I have discovered to my joy!
I disagree...... gave me a very bad hangover.
And I only drank 3 bottles:rolleyes:.

But seriously we find the Lidl wine better/nicer £for£.

D

Deleted member 1258

Four years ago I dropped my notice on the gafferess's desk and told her I was retiring at a year early at Xmas. Its been a bit of a bumpy ride since with one thing and another but its been a good four years.

Top Bottom