The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I remember as a young child being in the garden with a friend and we were watching dad dig the garden over. He picked up a worm and held it up, pretending to eat it and just let it drop past his mouth. My friend picked one up and ate it! xx(:laugh:
Extra protein never hurt anyone:laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I remember as a young child being in the garden with a friend and we were watching dad dig the garden over. He picked up a worm and held it up, pretending to eat it and just let it drop past his mouth. My friend picked one up and ate it! xx(:laugh:
Out with my Bro and his (then) little boy many years ago. We were just able to watch him pick a worm up and swallow it whole.
Edit
That was the little boy that ate it ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pouring rain and blowing a hoolie here today and probably tomorrow. Oban ferry is off, not because the boat cannot cope but cannot get alongside without the danger of destroying Craignure pier which is getting a bit old and shoogly. Fishnish - Lochaline ferry sits poised waiting for a slight lull and makes a run for the other side when possible. This is a relatively big boat but we started with a small Island class boat and if I had space there are a few hairy stories I could tell about that run in bad weather. Been there,done that.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The wind at the moment according to the RAF Valley weather report is a southerly at 44 mph gusting 58 mph.
Pathetic! We had 78mph in North Devon on Saturday night. :becool:

Top Bottom