The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I like to watch all of the excuses they come up with when they don't get the results they want. :laugh:
"You", the voter didn't vote for them. "You" were too lazy in not getting to the polling station and voting.

Never do they ask what they could have done to get you to vote, possibly even for them. They did nowt wrong.

"for" added after even so it reads even for them.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I don't think people have voted for the party they want. They have been voting to make sure they don't get the worst of the bunch on offer, and that is Corbyn. Also they are sick of Brexit dragging on and the voting may well reflect that as well. People are sick of the stagnant nothing they have at the moment and just want something to finally start. IMHO

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning folks. Well the conservatives have won by a big majority. The Brexit bill will finally go through. Maybe then we will have a break from all the mayhem for a while. I bet the EU are not happy bunnies at the result. And I see Corbyn won't be staying on. What a shame and loss that will be......or not.

So enough from me about that rubbish. shopping day for us today. In the wet and rain and wind. :hello::laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day to one and all. It looks cold and wet out. No one has suggested a ride though I think we could have gone. Weather was so awful yesterday I don't think there was any enthusiasm.

Went to bed and slept well as after the exit poll it was all I could do. Had to go in the spare room as Mrs P was watching the election result - despite saying she couldn't be arsed. She would have woken me when she came to bed!

I'll make no political comment, this isn't the place, other than I'm very disappointed. I didn't expect or want this result and feel it will prove to be bad news for the already disadvantaged in our society.

Like @welsh dragon I shall say no more and probably go shopping after what is rapidly becoming my regular return to sleep in the morning.

It's not a good day for me. :sad:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, dark and raining outside.
Not the result I was hoping for.
Today will be made up of an early dog walk, followed by a bit of DIY that needs doing.

Top Bottom