The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well my Mr Fixit has found the problem. We had a strange but intermitent smell which seemed to come from the downstairs WC.......not a @dave r type smell:rolleyes:.
The toilet and sink etc are built in. So he explored and found the installer had used a non-waterproof cement plus the wrong type of elbow. Water had stagnated and the smell was seeping through the cement collar.
So.......he has taken the bog out, broken the cement collar apart and is replacing them with correct items and cement with a waterproof agent. Hopefully that will do it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm wondering what other news they are trying to bury.
Oh you cynic! ......but probably true. Lol

Suppose it’s unnecessary, but I decided to treat myself to an updated Kindle. New Oasis coming this afternoon. My eyesight is getting a bit poor these days so it’s an inch bigger but also has the ability to make the lighting more warm to ease the eyestrain a bit.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Oh you cynic! ......but probably true. Lol

Suppose it’s unnecessary, but I decided to treat myself to an updated Kindle. New Oasis coming this afternoon. My eyesight is getting a bit poor these days so it’s an inch bigger but also has the ability to make the lighting more warm to ease the eyestrain a bit.

Lucky thing you.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
53 miles, 2800 feet, average dropped to 13.9. Thanks Brendan, blew us all over the place.

One came on his ebike. First time I've seen him use it in to strong headwinds. WOW! His acceleration up to 15 as we left junctions left us all trailing and working very hard to catch up.
eBike is kinda like going for a bike ride and kinda like using your bus pass . I will hold off till the old pins can't push up a hill but you can't help feeling a little envious of them . Very big money for a good r:training:oadbike version

PaulSB

Legendary Member
eBike is kinda like going for a bike ride and kinda like using your bus pass . I will hold off till the old pins can't push up a hill but you can't help feeling a little envious of them . Very big money for a good r:training:oadbike version

I'm not sure about the analogy. The guy who has this got it two years ago when returning to cycling after 18 months of heart issues. It certainly worked to get him back to the position he was in before the heart problems. Rarely brings it out these days but knowing the hills and the headwinds we'd be facing did so. No one cares and he waits at the top of the climbs instead of vice versa. :laugh::laugh:

I'll get one when the need arises.

Top Bottom