The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I'm not sure about the analogy. The guy who has this got it two years ago when returning to cycling after 18 months of heart issues. It certainly worked to get him back to the position he was in before the heart problems. Rarely brings it out these days but knowing the hills and the headwinds we'd be facing did so. No one cares and he waits at the top of the climbs instead of vice versa. :laugh::laugh:

I'll get one when the need arises.
After heart trouble its brilliant , will keep many folks in the saddle who otherwise would have to call a permanent halt

D

Deleted member 1258

In some ways I'm glad I didn't ride, the rain arrived quite early, about elevenish, it would have been a very wet ride home, we've been in a local church hall at a pensioner's club, it was seriously unpleasant about twoish when we came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

After heart trouble its brilliant , will keep many folks in the saddle who otherwise would have to call a permanent halt

My heart problems slowed me down, but I've kept pedalling, when I get to the stage where I can't any more an e bike will be one of the options, though if my Good Ladies health gets worse I may have to stop to concentrate on looking after her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yeah. The rain and, much stronger, wind was forecast for 3.00 and arrived on the dot. :sad:

I have tea, a crumpet and a scone. Next task is to find the travel stuff Mrs P says I've lost! :whistle:
Dont tell me you have lost your passport!!! Surely nobody could be daft enough to lose a passport :rolleyes:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
eBike is kinda like going for a bike ride and kinda like using your bus pass . I will hold off till the old pins can't push up a hill but you can't help feeling a little envious of them . Very big money for a good r:training:oadbike version
My stepson who is 49 and rides with me sometimes , says that he won't go with me anymore if I get an ebike! To be fair, I am not planning on getting one soon but, given my age, one never knows.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I miss having a boat as I stupidly gave up my mooring when I sold my last boat. As a full time carer I could neither use it nor care for it. New moorings here are like gold dust since Crown Estate started to charge tho’ they have now farmed charging out to a local group who have at least got local input and some social conscience . However looking out at the weather today and forecast for more of the same not having a boat is at least one thing less to worry about. The general trend these last few winters is for more strong winds every winter. Even boats ashore can get damaged by getting blown over.

Top Bottom