The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good afternoon everyone. Leaving Devon about 2pm for the long drive back to Wales.

D

Deleted member 1258

My stepson rolled up today with a big bag of cakes. :hungry: he'd been to his favourite car boot place, the one where he's friends with the woman who runs the cake stall, I was impressed with the way our 6 year old granddaughter demolished a door step sized piece of angel cake. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just planning our forays this year.
Thinking of a month around the South Downs (never been there) with a break in the New Forest on the way, and a month in Pembrokeshire.
We've got a 3 week tour of Cornwall, and 2 weeks in South Devon and Somerset already booked.
Quite fancy a month around Malvern, Hereford and Shropshire in the Summer.:okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just planning our forays this year.
Thinking of a month around the South Downs (never been there) with a break in the New Forest on the way, and a month in Pembrokeshire.
We've got a 3 week tour of Cornwall, and 2 weeks in South Devon and Somerset already booked.
Quite fancy a month around Malvern, Hereford and Shropshire in the Summer.:okay:
Can defintately recommend area around Malvern. We were there last year. Some good cycling, although it can be hilly. Nice pubs too. ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Well speaking of planning. Mrs P wants to go to the Orkneys, India (with her friend), I want to cycle the Channel to the Med, we both want to go to Nice and Oban. I'm not sure how this is going to work out on many levels.
Orkneys to Oban, catch the train down to Dover. Ferry to France, then down to the med via Nice. Then turn left for India, easy.

How long have you got?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
If on Orkney never say “ The Orkneys” to a local. “ Orkney Islands “. may just pass muster. Customers of ours on Orkney were quite emphatic on this point.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yesterday at long last DVLA have coughed up a cheque for refund of tax on a vehicle where the ownership was transferred on 2nd November. I had to chase then up 3 times over this.
Today a few snowdrops have opened up and are flowering. Strange that the ones I planted on my wife’s grave have not even shown up yet. This is about a mile away and the same height above sea level as the house. Last year they were about a month later than all the rest.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Sunset tonight

Top Bottom