The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I looked at that without my reading glasses..........thought you were insulting Classic. :laugh:
I was VERY careful........

screenman

Legendary Member
Had a look.
Far too big a site for us. We only use CL sites with 5 caravan maximum.
Not bothered with facilities on site as we're self contained.
Ideally, we like to be the only unit on site and away from everything.

We only use the front bit which during the week is often very quiet, the pub is off the scale good with fantastic food, a real nice area for a bike ride and the pub is a cyclist meeting point, the owner being a very keen cyclist. Like you we certainly do not do large sites, hate them.

Mart44

Über Member
Good morning
039.gif
- It's just above freezing here but not so frosty as yesterday. I'll probably put in an hour or so over on the allotment soon. We'll be going to 'The Range' (shop) later.

Have the best day possible.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning. Freezing here with frost everywhere so definitively no ride today. Glad to be home again with no more long distance journeys planned for a while although my wife has gone to a funeral in North Yorkshire today , leaving at 6.15 this morning. Step son is driving as it is someone they both knew from her previous life.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Sorry Mo but I had a better sleep last night. I am seeing the physio at 14.45 today. I asked if he can help with sciatic pain and he said something to the affect of......it depends on what is causing it etc. But when you are in pain you will try almost anything:blink:.
Depending on how I react we may go call in a the Millhouse or the Plough on the way back.
Weather not to bad here, cold but not much wind and no rain.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day. Woke at 3.00am I think. Downstairs for a brew till 5.00am then back to bed for fitful sleep till 8.00.

Hope it's better tonight @Mo1959

The frost has lifted. +4C already, clear sky, absolutely still. Where's my bike.

Have other stuff to do later but time to make kit and get porridge on.
Wouldn't it be easier to make the porridge and get your kit on?

D

Deleted member 1258

New cafe this morning, The Garden Shed at Wellesbourne, a familiar village and a small but very nice new cafe, a nice ride down in the sun on familiar lanes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

53 miles the journey, Wellesbourne the destination. And a new cafe to visit as well, The Garden Shed, a small and trendy cafe that was rather pleasant. The route taken was a regular one that I haven't used for a while, small lanes well frosted on the way out, the bigger roads clear, and not much traffic once I was out of the city, on the way back most of the frost had cleared but I was being wary of any surface that the wasn't in the sun. It was another slow ride but I felt a lot livelier than I did on the last ride, I'm hoping its just that I've not ridden a lot over the last few weeks, I've not been doing any work on the turbo this winter and thats not helping either. So thats another enjoyable ride in the sun done.

Top Bottom