The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Liverpool are doing great this season and will almost certainly win the title and probably with a record number of points. But, I thought they rode their luck last night and Wolves were the better team.

I think you have a few years at the top in front of you. City are at the start of the inevitable decline that happens to all the big hitters once their golden moment is over, Leicester will probably not throw enough money at the enterprise and Chelsea (our team) and M.Utd are 2-3 years away from being title contenders.

Enjoy the ride! :smile:
I agree with most of what you say. A draw or even a Wolves win was looking likely. They are a very good team.
Re ManU.......I can see it being a long rebuilding job IF IF IF they get rid of Woodward. Sadly the owners can only see $$$ and Woodward is giving them that with sponsor deals etc.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good (late) morning to all.
I watched Lpool win away at Wolves last night. I always enjoy a drink while watching these matches......so I also had a good sleep.
My gob seems to be healing well and the sciatica is not as painful.......I really want to get a ride in next week.
I hope PaulSB is enjoying Cambodia. I just checked the weather AND ITS 33° :eek:. Not for me!!1
Can someone explain this for me please. Last night MrsD said lunch today will be either a Chinese takeaway or the local pub for a shared platter. TODAY she wants sausage and mash with gravy:wacko:....how does that work?? 2If I 'know' what I will be eating my taste buds get ready for it and thats it.
So another lazy day for me then.
1) I don't think he actually went. He's hiding either in Manchester Airport, or stuck in Dubai. Think Tom Hanks & Terminal for the second one.
I mean who takes "only 21 notes" with them on an international holiday!!
2) Anger management when it comes to making the mash. Beating those poor spuds up.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good (late) morning to all.
I watched Lpool win away at Wolves last night. I always enjoy a drink while watching these matches......so I also had a good sleep.
My gob seems to be healing well and the sciatica is not as painful.......I really want to get a ride in next week.
I hope PaulSB is enjoying Cambodia. I just checked the weather AND ITS 33° :eek:. Not for me!!
Can someone explain this for me please. Last night MrsD said lunch today will be either a Chinese takeaway or the local pub for a shared platter. TODAY she wants sausage and mash with gravy:wacko:....how does that work?? If I 'know' what I will be eating my taste buds get ready for it and thats it.
So another lazy day for me then.

EXPLAIN! the working of a woman mind, better men than me have tried and failed. ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
Just been out in Mrs D's car. Other than moving it on and off the driveway I've not been out in it yet, and coming back she let me have a go. Holy Mary Mother of Trump!!! 408 BHP - pressing the accelerator is like standing on a land mine. It's almost big motorbike levels of thrust. No wonder Mrs D likes it so much. My older XC90 is the more powerful variant of the D5 with 400NM 200 odd brake and that hustles along pretty well, but this thing is twice as powerful. I'm not sure if it accelerated or if the planet rotated underneath me.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Mornin' all.
parkrun Saturday.

Top Bottom