The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Hospital appointment this morning. Going to have an Endoscopy, so that means no breakfast :sad: and I'm Hank Marvin!
Euky yuk yuk.
Hope all goes well.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Parking wars broken out in earnest. Parking in evening has always been tight but there has always been neighbourly cooperation. The detested holiday home which backs on to our street has tourists who cannot be bothered parking at the front where their parking area is and parked two cars here last night. My car was not out so no problem for me. Three neighbours could not get parked safely and had to use the carriageway which is a bit narrow so not at all pleased and this is only January. It will only get worse when the main tourist season starts. The first person to see them is to have stern words preferably with mainly four letters.

Mart44

Über Member
Good afternoon - A quiet day with time to spare for a change. I might watch a film soon. I slept for 7 hours last night. Most unusual for me. I wish I could do that every night.

screenman

Legendary Member
The new dishwasher is plumbed in and working, but better than that I have found the impact driver I was looking for yesterday, it was on the dining room table which at the moment is in the lounge due to ongoing decorating of the dining room, it was in fact hiding behind a vase full of flowers. I thought I was going to have to ask Drago to come look for it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I had every intention of going for a ride today as the weather was perfect but I got up late, took Molly for a long walk up the mountain in Sychnant Pass ( beautiful view from up there) , washed the car and a few other jobs so by the time I finished, it is now getting dark so , no ride. :sad:
I saw two cyclists going up the Pass so chapeau to them as it is very steep.
Rain is forecasted tomorrow so the bike won't be going out.

D

Deleted member 1258

So how does that work then? On my way back from shopping yesterday I called in at the doctors and made an appointment for the doctor to have a look at my back and hips, they've been giving me serious grief for a couple of months now, today I've had the best day I've had for weeks, very little pain and I'm a lot more mobile.:wacko:

D

Deleted member 1258

We had a power cut earlier, lasted about half an hour, I'd just finished the ironing and was having a cuppa before putting the ironing away and the lights went out, we ended up drinking our :cuppa: by candle light.

Top Bottom