The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all, Wednesday?
I'm not saying

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Dull and windy today. My wife mentioned going to B&Q to look at wallpapers this afternoon. I don't like the sound of that as I hate decorating and i think that's what she has on her mind. Yesterday, she was asking me if we have any white ceiling paint left . All the signs are there!:angry:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Terrific, just found out they are going to put a gipsy camp 250 meters away from my home :angry:
I've got garages security, but I hope I don't have to see if my insurance is any good :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Terrific, just found out they are going to put a gipsy camp 250 meters away from my home :angry:
I've got garages security, but I hope I don't have to see if my insurance is any good :sad:

The people that pass these laws should be forced to live next to them.
Warrington has agreed to a new camp but have so far refused to reveal where. We live next to an open area which is on the list of possibles.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Apart from them getting the name of being light fingered, you may also get them turning up looking for casual work.....the usual cut your grass, hedges, etc. Lady next door to me got ripped off and stupidly gave one money up front and never got the job finished.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I had an extended family of “ travellers “ in a cottage next to my workshop for a whole winter. Total nightmare. Anything not concreted in was stolen and anything concreted was vandalised. My boat which was next to the workshop for the winter had all moveable fittings stolen ie shackles etc tho’ they did leave the mast and rigging long enough for me to get it somewhere else. The door could be seen opening quietly from time to time as the juveniles crept in on hands and knees. “ Just having a look mister, wanted to see what was inside”. The cottage was owned by property developers who presumably wanted it left in such a state as to be only fit for demolishing. In the meantime probably we were all paying the rent indirectly.

Top Bottom