The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
. @Mo1959 thanks for the heads up on Last Tango. I hadn't spotted this.
I honestly don't know why I didn't watch it when it was first on. This copy and paste review on imDB sums it up perfectly for me.

We know these people. They're intelligent, charming, fallible and not always predictable. Three-dimensional characters, with sometimes untidy lives. We see their bad behavior, unreasonable bias, decency and moments of brilliance as they navigate the ups and downs. There's a not unkind truthfulness to the way their stories are told.

The writing is extraordinary. The sets, the costumes, the editing - clearly a team of pros brought this together. And there's the dialect - articles are rarely used, and there's plenty of "owt", "nowt", "summat", "dozy", and "appen". It's all brought to life by top-notch actors, some familiar, others new, but all well cast.

On the whole, outstanding work, which is what makes this series so wonderful and believable.

pawl

Legendary Member
I honestly don't know why I didn't watch it when it was first on. This copy and paste review on imDB sums it up perfectly for me.

We know these people. They're intelligent, charming, fallible and not always predictable. Three-dimensional characters, with sometimes untidy lives. We see their bad behavior, unreasonable bias, decency and moments of brilliance as they navigate the ups and downs. There's a not unkind truthfulness to the way their stories are told.

The writing is extraordinary. The sets, the costumes, the editing - clearly a team of pros brought this together. And there's the dialect - articles are rarely used, and there's plenty of "owt", "nowt", "summat", "dozy", and "appen". It's all brought to life by top-notch actors, some familiar, others new, but all well cast.

On the whole, outstanding work, which is what makes this series so wonderful and believable.
Never fancied it first time round.Now watching it on catch up.Just finished series two

Help I’ve become a binge watcher.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Bit like this section of the forum then innit, appen appen appen.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Think that's bad?
I'm hooked on 'My 600lb Life' on Quest TV. :eek:

View: https://youtu.be/2MtRci_uzXg

I felt sick just looking at them shovelling more and more food in.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
They obviously have serious problems, what sort I have no idea. I had to switch off part way through as it was making me nauseous. MrsD managed to watch it all.
I, fortunately, don't have a sweet tooth.
But did you see the size of those portions :eek:

They probably eat more in a day than I eat in a week. They clearly have serious problems.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
20 minutes ago we had blue skies and sunshine so I put some washing in the machine.

Now the sun has disappeared and it looks like the heavens are going to open up. :cry:
That's the same up here just now. Way too changeable to plan anything. Literally ever twenty minutes it's going from being a bit brighter to the sky going dark, squally wind getting up and the wet stuff hitting the windows again.

Top Bottom