The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
WoW.
I need to lose maybe 7 Lb and that bothers me. My gob was truly smacked watching that eeeuuuckyxx(
I worry if I put half a pound on, and I then adjust my diet accordingly.
One of the characters on the show was told to come back after 2 months and to have lost 50lb. She came back and had put on 63lbs! She claimed she had been sticking to the doctor's 1200 calorie a day diet and that the scales must be wrong!
Denial, or what?:eek:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning. I wasn't on much yesterday and expect today to be the same. For some reason I never bothered with the series Last Tango in Halifax thinking it wouldn't be my sort of thing. I noticed it was starting again this Sunday so I fired up iplayer yesterday afternoon and watched it from the very first episode and got hooked. Constant ten hours got me through series one and two and started three. I'll get more watched today since the weather is dire again. It helps that Sarah Lancashire and Nicola Walker are both in it as I like them.
What time was on the market clock?
Over the only circular stall there, you can't miss it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. Molly walked and baguettes bought. Second cup of coffee on the go and the sun is shining :sun: but still windy. i have been told to finish the painting round the window in the kitchen before the rugby starts. As I have been in the army a long time ago, I still remember how to take orders so , after my coffee, I will dress accordingly and execute my duties.
Last night, France lost to Wales in the under 20s tournament by 16 to 14.:sad: I hope the big boys will do better today.:whistle:
Speak to all later, have a good one, a bientot. :hello:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just been down to the caravan storage and jacked the van up, removed the wheels and dropped then into my local garage, along with 2 new tyres to be fitted.
The old ones had loads of tread left but were 7 years old at the end of last year.
Recommended that they be changed between 5-7 years, depending on their usage and history.
Will pick them up on Monday to put them back on.
That's one job less to do before the start of the Pikey season.:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
I honestly don't know why I didn't watch it when it was first on. This copy and paste review on imDB sums it up perfectly for me.

We know these people. They're intelligent, charming, fallible and not always predictable. Three-dimensional characters, with sometimes untidy lives. We see their bad behavior, unreasonable bias, decency and moments of brilliance as they navigate the ups and downs. There's a not unkind truthfulness to the way their stories are told.

The writing is extraordinary. The sets, the costumes, the editing - clearly a team of pros brought this together. And there's the dialect - articles are rarely used, and there's plenty of "owt", "nowt", "summat", "dozy", and "appen". It's all brought to life by top-notch actors, some familiar, others new, but all well cast.

On the whole, outstanding work, which is what makes this series so wonderful and believable.
Keep yer eyes peeled, yer might just see missen in background

Top Bottom