The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Aah, I'd forgotten that one, cheers.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Snow showers here overnight, but nothing really has settled. Frosty and icy though. Mrs D can driver herself to work.

I've got to take the dog to the vets for his annual jab, so I'll be firing up Volvo #2 for the first time in a couple of weeks. Usual MO - Lemmy doesn't like the vets, he'll growl, the vet will get all prissy, I'll lose my rag and grab the syringe and do the injection myself, and the vet will still charge me full price.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, the sun is up and it's a nice bright, frosty start to the day.
I should be able to get out on the bike for a while after the dog has been walked.
I'll lose my rag and grab the syringe and do the injection myself, and the vet will still charge me full price.
@Drago so you will be protected against Parvo, leptospirosis and Distemper then,
what about the dog?

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs D just been showing off. Not having a smart phone myself I pay little attention to them, so I didn't know that Mrs D's phone is connected to her car and she is able to instruct the car to switch the heaters on so it's all de-iced and warm before she even leaves the house.

I prefer the old fashioned way myself. Warm coat and vigorous scraping with a tesco clubcard.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning. :hello: :cold::cold::cold:. Thankfully no snow or ice though but we keep having hail showers.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've got to take the dog to the vets for his annual jab, so I'll be firing up Volvo #2 for the first time in a couple of weeks. Usual MO - Lemmy doesn't like the vets, he'll growl, the vet will get all prissy, I'll lose my rag and grab the syringe and do the injection myself, and the vet will still charge me full price.
I had a horse once that hated vets. She could smell him before he got through the field gate. I ended up just getting the injection from him and sneakily jabbing it into her rump when I was grooming her instead.

Top Bottom