The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning peeps.
Rain and hail here. Stopped at the moment but I am sure it will return:wacko:
Nothing much planned for me. MrsD is taking her aunty for their weekly shop and will have lunch somewhere.
Now, what can I get up to? Suggestions welcome :rolleyes:
Even mine?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Was just thinking about the government's push to get internal combustion engines phased out and get us all into electric cars. Personally, I wouldn't mind one but someone on Facebook came up with something I hadn't thought about. If we are ever unfortunate enough to get a horrible winter like we have up here sometimes............heavy snow on motorways that had lorries jackknifed and blocking roads and hundreds of cars lined up stuck in queues for hours on end. Freezing so they want to put their engines on to heat the car occasionally. If they were all electric, I can see a scenario of hundreds of cars with no power and the roads jammed so nobody could even get to them with some sort of portable charger if something even exists.

Any thoughts?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Was just thinking about the government's push to get internal combustion engines phased out and get us all into electric cars. Personally, I wouldn't mind one but someone on Facebook came up with something I hadn't thought about. If we are ever unfortunate enough to get a horrible winter like we have up here sometimes............heavy snow on motorways that had lorries jackknifed and blocking roads and hundreds of cars lined up stuck in queues for hours on end. Freezing so they want to put their engines on to heat the car occasionally. If they were all electric, I can see a scenario of hundreds of cars with no power and the roads jammed so nobody could even get to them with some sort of portable charger if something even exists.

Any thoughts?

They will have to improve a hell of a lot before I would consider one. The claims of the mileage attainable and the actual mileage are way way different. They are fine for short journeys shopping etc but I wouldn't go on a long trip.

My brother bought one not long ago. He likes it but only for short journeys

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Today is a day for wearing my thermal bloomers and vest.:cold::laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
They will have to improve a hell of a lot before I would consider one. The claims of the mileage attainable and the actual mileage are way way different. They are fine for short journeys shopping etc but I wouldn't go on a long trip.

My brother bought one not long ago. He likes it but only for short journeys
You shock me. You really think the manufacturers and powers that be would be less than 100% truthfull.:wacko:
I seriously thought about a hybrid but the price was prohibitive at the time.

Top Bottom