The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
:hello: Good morning folks, wedding anniversary today, 37 years as man and wife
Congratulations Dave. :okay:
It's our Ruby wedding anniversary next week.
40 years - well 43 years if you count the time we lived in sin ( that's near Stourbridge). ;)

@Dave 7 showed me the lens he uses when ….ahem....."bird watching " in wales

1582718915418.png

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
@Dave 7 showed me the lens he uses when ….ahem....."bird watching " in wales

View attachment 506042

:laugh::laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Mo1959 I hadn't thought of that, good, point. When I retired I gave some thought to an electric car. Eventually I went for petrol. I had three concerns. Where to charge it? Long journeys and cost.

I didn't look at used e-cars which was a mistake. I now regret the overall decision. What should have happened was we agree to keep Mrs P's Fiat 500 in the garage, park the electric by the house for charging, first person out or the one with most to do takes the electric and second takes to the Fiat. We would hire a petrol for long distance.

Since retiring, four years in March, I've made three long distance car journeys. Financially and environmentally not buying electric was a major mistake. I had trouble seeing beyond the new price.

If we need a new (used) car I would look very, very closely at all electric.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think when my car dies that'll be the end of my motoring days.

Mrs D does most of her daily motoring of full electric, the petrol engine only waking up at the weekends when she visits her folks in cov. If you believe the display it's doing 131 mpg overal - my previous generation XC90 does about 29mpg overall, so it shows the march of progress.

Top Bottom