The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I can tell you that I am not if that helps.
But I am interested what you are getting at :rolleyes:
Just need someone, who is, to check something.

It'd be the same as dialling 150 and pressing Option 1, Option 1, Option 2, Option 1, without having to put up with the automated switchboard that doesn't seem to like you knowing what to press before it tells you.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just need someone, who is, to check something.

It'd be the same as dialling 150 and pressing Option 1, Option 1, Option 2, Option 1, without having to put up with the automated switchboard that doesn't seem to like you knowing what to press before it tells you.
I am well known for being technically ignorant but it used to be that if you just hold on without pressing any button then an operator will connect.

classic33

Leg End Member
I am well known for being technically ignorant but it used to be that if you just hold on without pressing any button then an operator will connect.
They've progressed to "Goodbye" before cutting the call now, if you don't press anything. That's after running through the options at least twice more.

Texting BILL to 150 is the same thing, only automated.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Braunton's deathly quiet this morning. :unsure:

It's usually pretty darned busy here at this time of year. :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm back. I beat it!!! 😀 Whalley Nab, known locally as The Nab, a great and typical Lancashire climb. Starts with a severe ramp immediately round the corner for about 2-300 metres, eases off, ramps up again but less severe, eases off before ramping up again. Not as difficult as I expected. Great climb though.

On the third ramp I met a UPS van coming down. Dismounting was not an option, he slowed, hurled abuse and left me about 6" to squeeze through. 🥵

The ride also turned out to be a golden ratio. Happy day.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/RtqcHRUrk5

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm back. I beat it!!! 😀 Whalley Nab, known locally as The Nab, a great and typical Lancashire climb. Starts with a severe ramp immediately round the corner for about 2-300 metres, eases off, ramps up again but less severe, eases off before ramping up again. Not as difficult as I expected. Great climb though.

On the third ramp I met a UPS van coming down. Dismounting was not an option, he slowed, hurled abuse and left me about 6" to squeeze through. 🥵

Nice low heart rate.......you must be fit!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Nice low heart rate.......you must be fit!
Thank you Mo. Depending on what we do I usually get back with an average of 110-120, probably nearer 120. Hit 157 on the climb, I rarely get above 162.

Resting heart rate is 48 so I have a good start! Great thing is I can lose 30-40 beats in a minute.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Well done Paul.
Tell me..... what gearing do you have?
I have 32 on the back and need every one of them:sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

:becool:

Well done

Top Bottom