The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Now......the big question is: what are we all going to do tomorrow? :whistle:I have no plans yet apart from putting the bins out in the evening and another session on the turbo.
Boredom is beginning to set in and a long way to go yet. :blush:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Now......the big question is: what are we all going to do tomorrow? :whistle:I have no plans yet apart from putting the bins out in the evening and another session on the turbo.

I shall be celebrating my first day of lockdown by working out how many laps of our (small) back garden I will need to do to complete our running clubs individual 5k challenge.
After that I'll phone one of my brothers who has his birthday tomorrow.
Then I suppose it's Brompton folding practice time, see how close I can get to the world record of 4.9 seconds 🌍😁

D

Deleted member 1258

I should be papering tomorrow, emulsioning the day after, shopping Friday, putting the clutter back Saturday, clearing the other side of the room Sunday and stripping Monday, at least that's the plan.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

GM

Legendary Member
I shall be celebrating my first day of lockdown by working out how many laps of our (small) back garden I will need to do to complete our running clubs individual 5k challenge.
After that I'll phone one of my brothers who has his birthday tomorrow.
Then I suppose it's Brompton folding practice time, see how close I can get to the world record of 4.9 seconds 🌍😁

Wow, that's quick 4.9 seconds! The fold takes me about 15 seconds; unfolding a nano second quicker. ( clumsy big fingers )

My boys birthday tomorrow as well, now is he 30 or 31, the memory's going!

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone on contract with EE willing to try something?

Text BILL to 150 and see what their reply is.

Nothing illegal, immoral or the slightest bit dodgy, just a means of checking something. Received an odd text from them yesterday, and wondering if anyone else will get a similar response.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Grey and dull with 6C outside. Feels relatively mild. About 8.30 I'm heading off to attempt The Nab, probably our toughest local climb. I attempted it once on a sportive 25 years ago. Rounded the corner and bang it was like riding in to a wall. After 30 yards or so I did the walk of shame.

First I have to work out a route home from the top as I'm damned if I'm riding back down again. 😂

Top Bottom