The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just having a look to see if I can get a Waitrose delivery slot. I think someone's having a joke, I'll starve :surrender:...

View attachment 512356

ASDA have been like that for 2 or 3 weeks now. Nothing for two weeks ahead, and, they are only releasing "new" slots, two weeks ahead, and, one day at. a time.

We reached stage where we had no basics (milk, bread, potatoes), and oldest daughter (who's turn it was to do our shopping), was sent home from work with "symptoms" (she is a Nurse Practitioner), so, I broke the "rules" and went to shops on my motorbike. Second youngest daughter has been berating me for a week now! I am beginning to think that starvation may have been preferable ;)

Dave7

Legendary Member
ASDA have been like that for 2 or 3 weeks now. Nothing for two weeks ahead, and, they are only releasing "new" slots, two weeks ahead, and, one day at. a time.

We reached stage where we had no basics (milk, bread, potatoes), and oldest daughter (who's turn it was to do our shopping), was sent home from work with "symptoms" (she is a Nurse Practitioner), so, I broke the "rules" and went to shops on my motorbike. Second youngest daughter has been berating me for a week now! I am beginning to think that starvation may have been preferable ;)
Our daughter** had a go at me for going shopping but we have a 94 year old to look after and can't leave her to starve.
She is stocked up now, as are we. So we have told her we have no plans to shop in the near future.
**daughter has had Asda home delivery for many years but is struggling. She eventually got one at midnight Tuesday but its 2 weeks away for delivery.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Our daughter** had a go at me for going shopping but we have a 94 year old to look after and can't leave her to starve.
She is stocked up now, as are we. So we have told her we have no plans to shop in the near future.
**daughter has had Asda home delivery for many years but is struggling. She eventually got one at midnight Tuesday but its 2 weeks away for delivery.

Yes, we also do ASDA online shopping for BiL (for past 10+ years), with delivery pass etc. They appear to have made absolutely no provision for their loyal (and, in some cases, vulnerable) customers. This will not be forgotten when this is all over. ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

Shopping this morning, chores and gardening this afternoon. The Tesco's I use , the one in Bedworth have introduced a one way system in the store, they've got arrows marked on the floor and staff telling people where they should or shouldn't go, kept me amused whilst waiting in the checkout queue, most people where using it, some were ignoring it and a few were totally confused by it, I'd see them take a few steps down an aisle then mutter to themselves and go back and come out somewhere else. I managed to give our grass its first cut of the year both back and front.

Last edited by a moderator:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Shopping this morning, chores and gardening this afternoon. The Tesco's I use , the one in Bedworth have introduced a one way system in the store, they've got arrows marked on the floor and staff telling people where they should or shouldn't go, kept me amused whilst waiting in the checkout queue, most people where using it, some were ignoring it and a few were totally confused by it, I'd see them take a few steps down an aisle then mutter to themselves and go back and come out somewhere else. I managed to give the grass its first cut of the year both back and front.
I'm sure Tesco will have appreciated you cutting their grass for them. Did it take long.;)

(Sorry, just standing in temporarily and taking the heat for @classic33 who's feeling a bit victimised atm)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I somehow managed to get a delivery slot with Asda. I have No idea how I managed it. Neither my son or daughter have been able to get a slot and they have bee trying for a couple of weeks. I got it last week. My delivery slot is 14th April :laugh:

Mr WD has been Browsing Amazon. Apparently fry bentos steak and kidney pies are selling for between £9.99 and £13.00 for ONE pie.:laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Or princess corned beef 3 tins for £35.00 but at least you get free delivery. And they were nearly sold out. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I somehow managed to get a delivery slot with Asda. I have No idea how I managed it. Neither my son or daughter have been able to get a slot and they have bee trying for a couple of weeks. I got it last week. My delivery slot is 14th April :laugh:

Mr WD has been Browsing Amazon. Apparently fry bentos steak and kidney pies are selling for between £9.99 and £13.00 for ONE pie.:laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Or princess corned beef 3 tins for £35.00 but at least you get free delivery. And they were nearly sold out. :laugh:
That'll be @Dirk at work. I knew he wasn't buying to eat.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

What did you do wave your pink bloomers ;)

Top Bottom