The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I can tell you that I am not if that helps.
But I am interested what you are getting at :rolleyes:
Managed to check it today, got someone else to check. They got a bit of a surprise when they saw the reply. EE have "zeroed" last months bill, meaning nothing is owed to them for this coming month.

Other networks may have done the same, you'll have to check to find out.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Managed to check it today, got someone else to check. They got a bit of a surprise when they saw the reply. EE have "zeroed" last months bill, meaning nothing is owed to them for this coming month.

Other networks may have done the same, you'll have to check to find out.
Do they not usually let you know if they are going to do that? Presumably a good will gesture to help people out at the moment?

Morning :hello: Not sure why I'm up. Barely light yet but I have the first coffee of the day. A dull, breezy day to come.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Mornin' all.
Got a text last night telling me my B&Q diy.com order was on its way and providing a link through which to track it ... which is impressive, given that I've not placed an order! Even more interesting is that it came in through a new sim (new number) which I only activated the day before! Sounds like phishing, but looks legit. Guess it could be that someone who did place an order slipped up when providing their number? Needless to say, I'll not be following any links :stop:

D

Deleted member 1258

Mornin' all.
Got a text last night telling me my B&Q diy.com order was on its way and providing a link through which to track it ... which is impressive, given that I've not placed an order! Even more interesting is that it came in through a new sim (new number) which I only activated the day before! Sounds like phishing, but looks legit. Guess it could be that someone who did place an order slipped up when providing their number? Needless to say, I'll not be following any links :stop:

It sounds like phishing, They usually use E-Mail.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hi-di-hi fellow retirees,
Looks sunny and calm down here in Yokelshire.
We have one of those "Smart" turbo trainers on the way, not used one before but quite like the idea of being able to ride courses.

This time of year we often head up to Leeds to visit our daughter and grandson but that's obviously not possible at the present time.
We've noticed that part of the Tour D'Yorkshire is one of the routes available so we'll give that a go instead.
Today's task is to make some sort of front wheel support for the bike that's going on the trainer, I'm thinking of a partially deflated football in a frame ⚽

Have a lovely day one and all.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, a sunny start to the day.
Today is compost heap emptying day. It looks good stuff. There is over a years worth and it is going onto the newly turned over vegetable patch.
The usual solitary dog walk and then settle down with a beer or two.
Another day in paradise.
Stay safe everyone. ;)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day to all. It's heading towards a glorious day. Clear skies, still and 7C already. A friend commented a good weather weekend will be a big test of lockdown.

Last night we did a video chat quiz with friends. Pretty successful but needs some refining. Mrs P spoke VERY loudly, mainly in my ear, in the belief this helps the others hear her!! 😂 I think the quiz will become a weekly event.

Shortly I will finish the emulsion second coat and then fill gaps round window frame with caulk. Gloss this afternoon and job done. After this a few days break from decorating is needed.

A cycle buddy has come up with a BRILLIANT idea. We are all riding solo at present, most are doing at least 5/7 days. At a pre-arranged time, probably 4.00pm, we will all prepare our usual cafe stop food, beans on toast, tea cake, bacon roll etc. Then we are going to have a video chat cafe stop and shoot the breeze with a mix of the usual daft and serious stuff we discuss. This will be good. ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Day one of painting the bungalow today.
Going to burn off the window sills then pressure wash all of the rendering.
Might need a beer, or two, afterwards.
Are you doing all the walls? Big tackle. I got a local painter to do mine. The paint was expensive but I think it has a 15 year guarantee. He gave it 2 coats. Went for magnolia rather than white as others have done white and I thought it looked a bit stark.

This was the first winter after it was done a couple of years ago.

IMG_0288.jpeg

Top Bottom