The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Well now I'm on the right page🙄
My neighbour has suggested as I won't be heading off to Spain for five months this year that I share her allotment. She has had an operation so finds it difficult to dig at the minute. So I've jumped at it and start today by moving a heap of manure. This really suits as in the UK we have an apartment without a garden. This re-retirement is getting better, apart from the obvious.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Are you doing all the walls? Big tackle. I got a local painter to do mine. The paint was expensive but I think it has a 15 year guarantee. He gave it 2 coats. Went for magnolia rather than white as others have done white and I thought it looked a bit stark.

This was the first winter after it was done a couple of years ago.

View attachment 512473
I last painted it 6 years ago.
The west facing end of the bungalow takes a battering as it tends to get sand blasted in the winter storms and I have to do that side every 2-3 years.
I can paint the whole bungalow in 3-4 days he I get a move on.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
People are a bit thick just going to supermarkets. Our local deli is churning out delicious pies and pasties freshly made every lunch time. A choice between that or Fray Bentos.......hmm, let me think! :laugh:

Frey Bentos are all pastry with a gravy stain on the bottom.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Are you doing all the walls? Big tackle. I got a local painter to do mine. The paint was expensive but I think it has a 15 year guarantee. He gave it 2 coats. Went for magnolia rather than white as others have done white and I thought it looked a bit stark.

This was the first winter after it was done a couple of years ago.

View attachment 512473

Ditto the Magnolia, but we have just painted all the internal rooms and not the outside brickwork :smile:
Magnolia used to be the least expensive paint, then they started relabelling it with a variety of exotic names and even more exotic prices.

I want to paint my Shed in one of the vibrant primary colours, Blue or Yellow but Mrs Tenkay isn't keen :sad:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I want to paint my Shed in one of the vibrant primary colours, Blue or Yellow but Mrs Tenkay isn't keen :sad:
Nope, I wasn't very brave and went for very muted for my little bike shed. Think it's called Antler Brown or something.
IMG_0514.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Exactly. Maybe handy to shove at the back of a cupboard for absolute emergency use but that's about it.

The steak pasties our deli does is stuffed full with lovely Scottish beef in comparison.
There is/was a new pie shop supposed to be openinģ near us this week. They have called it To Pie For.
They may have to reconsider that name:sad:.
Not sure if it has actually opened now.

Top Bottom