The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Do they not usually let you know if they are going to do that? Presumably a good will gesture to help people out at the moment?

Morning :hello: Not sure why I'm up. Barely light yet but I have the first coffee of the day. A dull, breezy day to come.
No, which is why I wanted someone else to check. If they got the same message then it stands a better chance of it being genuine. How many will just pay what they pay every month, when their bill is due.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning all. Hope we are all still well. I am now onto my third coffee of the morning , made for me by my long term barista sorry I mean lovely wife lol. This is living dangerously for a man of middle years as I know what comes next. Wife will wait a while then suggest we go for a little cycle , after three or four miles I am going to be desperate to find a hedge and my lovely wife will find this very funny . I think it all part of a plan you know 😂😂😀😀

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Morning all. Hope we are all still well. I am now onto my third coffee of the morning , made for me by my long term barista sorry I mean lovely wife lol. This is living dangerously for a man of middle years as I know what comes next. Wife will wait a while then suggest we go for a little cycle , after three or four miles I am going to be desperate to find a hedge and my lovely wife will find this very funny . I think it all part of a plan you know 😂😂😀😀
3 or 4 miles? I have stopped actually drinking coffee, I just pour it straight in the toilet, saves time. ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Tragedy.
Looks like the dish washer has packed in:eek:.
Ours has 2 buttons to the left on/off and 2 to the right.........one to choose temperature between cold rinse & hot wash and the other to start the operation.
After we choose hot wash and close it, it seems to be ok but then changes to cold rinse so nothing gets washed.
Bad timing or what.

AO.com will probably sort you out with a replacement ;)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I went out on a mission today. I was looking for PBs. Got them on Sheephouse Lane, the full climb by 25 seconds, as I really gave it some beans.

Screwed up Gregson Lane though. Gave it lots more beans but felt slower than expected. Got to the top, looked down........I'd left it on the big ring for the full 1.5 miles. :eek::eek::eek:

No.3 son needs help with a puncture on his car. Nice diversion from painting.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got a pleasant 50 mile loop in this morning, Out of Coventry through Wood End, Shilton, Withybrook, Monks Kirby and Pailton. continued through Church lawford and when I got to Wolston I turned and climbed up to Kings Newnham then picked up my route out, when I pased the radio masts I tuned right and rode down to the A5 island then turned onto the Wolvey road and turned left to ride down into Monks Kirby, turned back through Withybrook and Shilton and headed back into Coventry. A nice morning out on the bike, great fun on the way out with a tail wind, hard work into the breeze on the way back, I'll have to remember to take a cereal bar or something similar with me on these rides, by the time I was riding back into Coventry my legs were fading fast and by the time I got home there was nothing left.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/46618764

Top Bottom